Feeling arty? Poorly 18" wheels to a good home

ribena

Reaction score
Hi

Audi told me my 18" Star replica wheels were all bent/warped during a service ( probs due to speed and the crap crossings around me ) and duly purchased a set of 17"s. Bit sick really cos they looked great

So I have a set of well looked after 18" Star replicas that are as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Anybody want them. Flowerpots, sculpture ?????????????????

Any interesting suggestions before they go to the tip.

Can post pics if anyone is interested

Simon

If I could get them, Id take them for a mounting in my mates bodyshop.

Im in the middle of making a coffee table from a ******** 15" Audiobahn sub at the minute.

hi again lol

thats the sort of thing I mean. I just hate to think of chucking them

mate of mine gets over to N.Ireland now and again, I'll see if he's due to come soon

simon

That would be excellent, Im sure I could weld something out of them

Rocko said:
That would be excellent, Im sure I could weld something out of them

Perhaps you could weld a new turbo like that other post

I weld you some sort of helmet then beat you with a stick?

That would be kinda fun. LOL!

All 4 of them warped and bent? Seems odd? (Not saying they're lying to you, just seems strange).
Can you post pics of them then?

Well I wasnt going to say anything but 4 warped and bent alloys in extraordinary. Ive bent 1 and knew it was bent immediately.

If it was me, id get a 2nd opinion, they may have just stroked you something shocking.

hi

audi flagged 2 of them visually on a service and a mate of mine checked them on his balancer and all 4 were out in some way plus the tyres were ready for replacing

so rather than mess about I just ordered another set.

as i said pretty crap roads and crossings round here, add a bit of speed and thats the result. certainly take crossings a bit steadier now

will post them up soon

on nights at the mo and can't be ***** to drag them out :(

Ah ******.

Well if your mate can get them across they wont go to waste.

I realise I'm second in line now, but if your mate can't get them over to Ireland, I may be interested as I'm not too far from you :icon_thumright:

thx for replies

rocko - my m8's not due over for a while due to work commitments etc. sorry

trs1 - greetings to you on button moon pmsl. already been pm'd for them and will collect but if that falls thru' i'll give you a shout

simon

There is a monthly Russian supplies rocket that passes my way, so if the other guy doesn't collect give me a shout and I'll get them booked on board :cool: