M&S Insurance Con???

stewarta13wsb

Reaction score
Website
www.stewarta13wsb.plus.com
Long story short, but a warning to all Audi drivers with M&S Motor Insurance -

I changed to M&S recently from More Than, saved quite a bit, it all went easily (done on line) and quickly. No problem.

Today I got a letter saying they were still waiting for 'proof of security device' so I phoned to query it as nothing had been asked for.
Basically, because I ticked the Thatcham Cat 1 box for the alarm, they wanted a certificate (or a £10 increase in my premium)
I explained it wasn't the wrong box, it was that standard etc., but they would have it, they wanted a certificate.
I phoned Audi dealer who confirmed all Audi's had that standard and offered to send brochure. I checked on line too and phoned M&S back. Still no joy - their system says Audi A3 has Thatcham Category 2!
I asked for a manager, went through it all again and eventually he offered to change my application to 'factory fitted alarm & immobiliser' and wave the premium increase.

I said that's fine for me, but you are overcharging all other Audi drivers? He said no - ofcourse!

I phoned Audi Customer Services who gave me Thatcham's number, called them & they explained they don't issue certificates, but all insurance companies usually accept the list on their web site (thatcham.org) Phoned back the manager, told him the story, gave him the web site address and explained that A3's have been fitted with it as standard for years - as have ALL Audi cars.

Outwith his control, but he would pass it on - yeh right :rulez:

You've been warned :thumbsup:

I nearly took out insurance went with them! Cheers for that info Stewart.

Glad I found this post, I am also looking for insurance, will avoid them..
Thanks.