BP Ultimate

shineydave

Reaction score
Website
www.shineydave.co.uk
Has anyone else been on the verge of filling up with BP Ultimate Diesel by mistake?

actually i wasn't on the verge, i did it sunday morning, fortunately i was on the bike so it was reletively easy to drain the tank as compared to a car. the hard bit was getting the plugs out to dry them off.

i went back to the station and checked the pumps, the pump does say diesel on it at the bottom of a label that says Ultimate at the top, i guess with the helmet on i missed it totally, familiarity with the brand etc. doesn't help when the nozzle is blue as opposed to the traditional black.

No I haven't but I can imagine it would be a real pain getting plugs out especially if your bike has a fairing.

Bet you'll never do that again shineydave.

RS4John said:
I tend to use Shell-V power or tesco 99, BP seems over priced to me.:crying:

Usuallu use v-power or tesco 99 in my bike, stopped at a BP on saturday for a fill up of ultimate, did have to do a double check on the pumps though as they are indeed similar. Was annoyed to not only find its only 97 ron & was 5p/ltr more than i pay for tesco 99! Would of ridden off if I wasnt already running on fumes!! Needless to say I wont bother again, its too much for a lower grade product compared to the others.