Do you believe in... aliens?

silver75

Big Ron
Reaction score
Yes I know its a strange title for a thread but surely we cant be the only living things in the whole goddamn universe?

Joe...you will make contact if you give doeboy your buisness address

The US have special counters for Aliens when you get to passport control.

what you mean not in our lifetime? i been living with one for sixteen years!:hi: :hi: :hi:

Look at the bigger picture there are many universes out there and were just a blip compared to them.

johnb said:
what you mean not in our lifetime? i been living with one for sixteen years!:hi: :hi: :hi:

think im married to her sister!!!!!

jojo said:
I think there is, but we will probably never make contact with them in our life time.

i saw you at GTI international :)

There must be something somewhere,maybe we are the most advanced and the aliens are millions of years behind.
trex1.jpg

Have I ever seen a fairy at the bottom of my garden or any proof of their existence? No.
Do I believe in fairies? No.

Have I ever seen a God or any proof of that one exists? No.
Do I believe in God? No.

Have I ever seen an alien or any proof of that they exist? No.
Do I believe in aliens? No.

Yes, and I was scared of being anally probed, but they told me that you'd been in for it so often you'd actually broken the probe so they couldn't do me.

batwad said:
Yes, and I was scared of being anally probed, but they told me that you'd been in for it so often you'd actually broken the probe so they couldn't do me.

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

PMSL@ BATWAD!

yeh i believe in only 1 alien you've all seen him!

its...jacko the wacko!

micheal jackson!

Life/complexity is inevitable wherever there is a medium for it to occur & a source of energy.

Given the age and size of the 'universe' as we know it, not to mention the other 'places' suggested by quantum theory, there must be many 'aliens' around.

I believe there must be another life form out there in the vastness of the universe. Someone had a crack at calculating the number of intelligent lifeforms out there - the Drake equation. It's all guesswork obviously, with no proof possible. About the only thing the Drake equation makes possible in my mind is helping rule out the possibility that we are the only planet with life out there - the scale of the universe just seems a bit too massive, at least in my opinion.

http://www.lifeinuniverse.org/noflash/Drakeequation-07-02.html

As previously mentioned, I think given the vastness of space that there's got to be something out there, somewhere. I just dont think we've ever seen any proof as yet to their existence, certainly I believe all "sightings" as reported in the past are nonsense!! Here's a thought though, if there is another intelligent being out there, do you think right at this very second they could be wondering if they are the only intelligent beings in the universe too??!! Also, who 1st came out with the story that during their abduction they were anally probed?! Question, if an intelligent being flew god knows how far accross the universe, why on earth would they want to find out what was up our butts?!!

Nickynibbles, that's a very probing question :jester:

To all those that feel that there must be some other life out there, just because the universe is so big: why is it that you feel that way? Why is that more appealing?

batwad said:
: why is it that you feel that way? Why is that more appealing?

I would say as a result of our own being here. Given I am not religious and subscribe to evolution, darwinism etc. as opposed to intelligent design, our own existence as intelligent life is all down to chance. If you think like that, the next question is how many planets are out there. If there are millions/billions or however many, given the diversity of life on our own planet what are the odds of Earth being the only place that life (and by that I pretty mcuh mean carbon-based lifeforms, though there is the possibility of something else which we can't imagine being out there) has sprung up in the 13-odd billion years this universe has been around. Of the billions of stars we can see, there only has to be one with a planet a bit like ours, and maybe nature takes care of the rest.

From that you could say I believe in the concept of extraterrestrial life.

As the the likelihood that said lifeforms have been able to find us and decided to abduct the 2% of Americans who claim to have been (although that figure is based on an unknown survey size) and that seems an awful lot harder to accept.

We need some sort of UFO smilie for this thread. I may go and play destroy all humans on my PS2 now too.

Mike

batwad said:
To all those that feel that there must be some other life out there, just because the universe is so big: why is it that you feel that way? Why is that more appealing?
Because Americans have no history to speak of, their creative fiction fantasies are science fiction based. They have nowhere to look backwards to, so they look forwards.

So a huge proportion of American fiction concerns space, because it allows infinite imaginative possibilities. This sounds obvious: science fiction means space fiction. Not so, look at "Metropolis", the earliest science fiction film. Or "Powder" a recent sf film. Science fiction can well be about man's ability to relate to man in an Earth-bound environment, but informed by technological or socialogical advances. But, mostly, it is space fiction.

Because American entertainment media = the world, this means the bulk of our worldwide speculative science fiction relates to space.

And that, my friends, means aliens.

There is an undeniable extra layer of thrill or excitement for many people, when they watch "War of the Worlds" or "E.T." or "Alien" to think: this could happen.
To be able to think that they must be complicit in the belief that aliens really are out there.

batwad said:
Why is that more appealing?
Because otherwise that extra excitement is gone, and "E.T." is just made up kids' stuff.

And not even Americans want their fantasies snuffed out like that.

We have no proof either way of the existence of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe, and I don't consider a 2% slice of loopy, gape-***** Yanks to be any reason to revise that.

However there are, in fact, no intelligent aliens.

Just so you know. :salute:

thebluebus said:
We have no proof either way of the existence of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe,

thebluebus said:
However there are, in fact, no intelligent aliens.

OK, those two are mutually exclusive, or am I missing some sort of joke?:think:

Thought you were talking about 'illegal' Aliens for a minute............!!

Carry on......... :)

I'm convinced they exist, despite Government denials,,, spacemen too.....

inigoj said:
Life/complexity is inevitable wherever there is a medium for it to occur & a source of energy.

Given the age and size of the 'universe' as we know it, not to mention the other 'places' suggested by quantum theory, there must be many 'aliens' around.

^^^ what he said