Brilliant Dairy Milk Ad

Saw it the 1st airing on Ch4 during Big Brother final on Friday night, its quite an amusing ad cos the gorilla just looks so serious about it all, but what the heck its gotta do with a chocolate bar is beyond me!!! Sign of a good ad is that people talk about it though!

Nickynibbles said:
Sign of a good ad is that people talk about it though!

Only so long as you can remember, or associate what the commercial was about. So many "great" commercials get talked about yet people have no idea what they are advertising....

The gibbon on the drums ad is stupid. what it has to do with Chocolate is beyond me.

Bit like advertising tampons by showing a bowl fo fruit whilst playing Run to the Hills by Iron Maiden in the background...........

maybe the ad man will nick my idea...!?

But robots don't have anything to do with mashed potato either. It only has to be memorable.

And to heighten your awareness of the advertised brand, of course.

I think that ad was just something left over at Saachi's and they thought what the heck lets offer it to Cadbury.
Yes people are talking about it but no one remembers its for chocolate - fatal mistake, a bit like the Leonard Rossiter & Joan Collins Cinzano ads in the 80's, they won loads of awards but no one could remember the brand - was it Martini or Campari or Cinzano? You have to get the brand name into the hook otherwise it's a total waste of money.
Tango ads got it spot on