Badger5Volks Autos
    6th Gear

Status

Speed camera vans Cumbria

Is it just me or are there less scamera vans about in Cumbria since the government started funding this scam by giving the partnerships a grant rather than letting them keep a proportion of the ticket revenue.So now they have not got a financial incentive to catch speeders.

Or is it because the scamera partenership are embarrased that they caught 30,000 speeders last year,4 TIMES more than a force of a similar size.In fact the local MP Eric Martlew says he is going to investigate the scamera partenership to see why they are way out compared to other partenerships.
    2007 Sportback S Line Tdi 170 Avus,Bose,Multi function steering wheel, Electric Lumbar support,Front centre armrest,
    Storage pack,Through load system,Folding mirrors,Non smoking pack

2009 BMW K1300S, ABS, ASC,OBC, heated grips

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    I would think that the nature of the area ie the lakes etc would contirbute to the amount of speeders in the area with all the tourists and bikes going out for a blast etc.

They must get thousands of extra cars and bikes in the area just for the touristy bits!

Didn't know about the grants now instead of ticket revenue?
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

6th Gear

Status
    [quote=JamS3]I would think that the nature of the area ie the lakes etc would contirbute to the amount of speeders in the area with all the tourists and bikes going out for a blast etc.

They must get thousands of extra cars and bikes in the area just for the touristy bits!

Possible but you could say the same for Northumberland.I can honestly say I have not seen a single scamera van in 3 months and I used to see them regularly( every week) on the A6 , M6 and A595, A596 over west Cumbria.

I believe this grant system came in country wide in May.
    2007 Sportback S Line Tdi 170 Avus,Bose,Multi function steering wheel, Electric Lumbar support,Front centre armrest,

3rd Gear

Status
    If you think that you can drive anywhere near the speed limit in a car, in Cumbria during the summer please let me know! There are two many mobile chicanes, sorry caravans... to make progress.

A bike is the only way to go.

Seeing less Talivans in the border region and M74 too..
    Coming back to Audi with an A3 Tdi Sportback Quattro... but the 220bhp T5 was epic....

Aye you know it makes sense

Status
    Alot less fella, Ive noticed that too

6th Gear

Status
    So all this ******** about partnerships deneying they can keep the money raised from fines seems to be a total lie, otherwise we would see them as much as before the government decided to fund them by grant only.