Engine transport - Merseyside to Fife: any ideas pls?!

Greggers

Reaction score
Afternoon all...have just bought a new engine, and need to get it from Merseyside up to where my car's in the garage, in Fife. And I don't have time.

Has anyone had an engine couriered before, please? If so, any ideas who I could contact? And how much it might cost?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Thanks,
greg

you'd need to get it put on a pallete and strapped down properly

Probably looking in the region of £80 (rough guess)

TNT will shift it, but it must have no oil in it, and be wrapped and tied to the pallet. Insist on a tail lift truck for delivery unless you have a fork lift. Jim at Star has just been through a lot of pain about this on my behalf.

Cheers Rodenal...gonna have to get a pallet to this fella from somewhere, I reckon. Might have to get the courier company to take one down there for me!

fjtwelve - thanks for the tips; the engine's an S3 lump that is heading for...Jim at Star! Will make sure to get a tail lift truck, to save winding him up with that again :)
Do you mind me asking how much you paid for the courier?

And LottieA3...come on then - how much would you estimate pls? :)
Will have to put a call in tomorrow, see if I can't get it picked up this week (car's been off the road for faaar too long already :( )

Thanks all,
greggers

Lottie - er no i work for a construction company, the "supplier" of a replacement engine for my A6 that didn't fit used them to deliver/collect it.
Greggers - sorry don't know cost as the "supplier" did it.
And if you want to know why the inverted commas, go to diesel forum and look up the end of 2.5TDi V6 quattro Sport 180hp Turbochip (
multipage.gif
1 2)

fjtwelve, sorry to hear about that mate -sound like you bought your luck from the same place I get mine! :(

And Lottie - that's no good to me! ;) Oh well, thanks for coming back either way :)