Vehicle Tracing

DiscoPanda

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Looking for a bit of advice. Theres a car kicking about the Watford area that I'd like to make an offer on (its more the plate I'm after but if I have to buy the entire car I'll do it).

I've tried the DVLA but they won't pass a letter onto the owner on my behalf (fair enough I suppose).

Its a J-reg BMW 320i. I know its still on the road and I know it was sold by Scotthall BMW.

Is there any way to contact the owner/keeper? Maybe something I'm not thinking of?

Anyone here work for insurance/DVLA that could make contact for me?

Cheers,

Phil

what about the dealership - they would keep records if it's still serviced there?

I'd be very surprised if any1 would give you owners information on a vehicle, sticking a note on the car is about the best chance you've got.

ah... I wouldn't say you were after the numberplate... could mean the present owner getting a bit ***** and asking the moon for it ;)

Unfortunatley I'm nowhere near the car. Its in Watford and I'm in Glasgow :(

I did contact BMW who told me what dealer sold the car but the services ceased in 1999 and I'd guess its onto a new owner by now but it may be worth asking if they still have records - it may still be in the family I suppose.

I'll keep you posted!

Due to data protection laws I very much doubt you'll get anywhere asking a dealer for the owner's details.

On the off chance you do, contact the owner then report the dealer to the Information Commissioner straight away as they really shouldn't be in business.

Just do what everyone else in Watford does, dont buy it just steal it!!!

You could visit a few of the bmw sites and leave details on there.
Someone might know him.

Hi guys i read a guy on another forum wanted to trace someone and wrote a letter to DVLA saying that his car had been bumped in a carpark an a witness had given him the cars reg plate of the car that did it. He said that he wished for DVLA to provide him with the details and they wrote out to him with the owner info.

I believe you need a legitimate reason for doing so but why not give it a try?

Love this site too :respekt: