MOT

colintdi

Reaction score
Got my windows tinted a while back and was wondering what is the legal requierment for window tints?

I'm living in northern ireland and I know on the mainland your test work differently but I'm sure the laws are the same

sorry i've got the 2 sides done and the rear, but it the front 2 windows i'm hearing different things about.

some ppl say none, some say 30%

30% will be ok, im not sure if the mot test even checks the window tints to be honest - thats more a dot thing or police

in northern ireland we have to go to an mot centre for a test and i've been hearing there cracking down on it. Can you's still get yours done in a garage?

1st MOT won't be till next year some time but just wanted to know

sister-in-law's mini went for mot there and fail will the light window tint. as far as she was told no tint on the front 2 windows. So for northern ireland MOT the front 2 windows must be illegal

window tints dont affect the mot mate i used to test my self and never ever failed tinted windows weather the law has changed tho i dont know if all else fails wind the front 2 windows down and take the fuse out then they will never know ...

Replied to your email matey.

In NI cars can fail on tinted front windows, mine have done in the past.

Law takes a dim view on them also.

I like the idea of windows down and taking the fuse out, very smart. Don't think it would work. front tints off for mot then

As rocko says MOT tests in Northern ireland are diiferent than mainland uk