AH FabricationsChris Nott

Thread: who might know

Neutral

Status

who might know

Hi everyone just wanted to know can anyone tell me what cat c really means.I know it was crash damage but how bad would it be.The car is advertised as being a v car.

2.5 tdi v6 180 bhp quattro sport mystic blue.18 inch rs8 rims with black between the spokes, audi votex kit, twin chrome scorpion pipes, xennons,heated black buffalo leather sport seats,auto dimming mirrors,serious tailored remap ,ferodo ds 2500 pads front and back upgraded tarrox japan sport competition drilled and grooved discs up front , and ferodo 5.1 racing brake fluid, and about 5k of stereo

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Very hard to say.Has he got any pics of before and after the crash.
    A quick search on ebay could give you some idea of some cat c damage.

6th Gear

Status
    IIRC a CAt C is the worse of the two. (Between Cat C/D that is)

you really ned to find out exactly what happened to the car, who repaired it and how, and have somebody who fixes these things to check it over even if it costs you to do so.

repaired cars can be a good buy but you need to be very careful.
    *Gone* 1997 A3 1.6 facelift headlights, 16"1.8t Alloys, full rear tints. 110k

You built a time machine.........out of a delorean!?!?!

Neutral

Status
    if its on v car its been put through the insurance register so it comes up on a hpi check, therefore it will neva be worth its full value. a cat C is worth than a cat D its a uneconomical repair so the damage would of been quite bad.

make sure you know where the work has been done and get a second opinion on it. also make sure its a bargain as it been pranged!

6th Gear

Status
    A cat c is where the repairs would be more than the actual value of the car.By using second hand parts it can be repaired alot cheaper but insurance companys dont do this so it gets wrote off.
    I wouldnt buy a cat c car myself.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Category A - Vehicle must be crushed. All of it.
    Category B - Vehicle may not be returned to road. Parts may be sold.
    Category C - Repairable. Possibly structural damage. Cost of damage (at main dealer prices and labour rates) is more than book value of vehicle
    Category D - Repairable. Probably non-structural damage. May have been economic to repair, but insurer doesn't want to.
    Category F - Damaged by fire.
    Category X - Repairable. Minor Damage.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

Neutral

Status
    thanks everyone for the help.The car is a nissan skyline gtr 34 v spec and is one of the 80 officially imported into the uk by middlehurst motorsport nissan dealer.The car was damaged 3 years ago and is for sale in a garage in yorkshire they usually retail for 32995 pounds but this car is 23000 pounds so i really would like this as i have always loved them and wanted one here it is opinions please http://dealerservices.autotrader.co....12545&pageid=4

2.5 tdi v6 180 bhp quattro sport mystic blue.18 inch rs8 rims with black between the spokes, audi votex kit, twin chrome scorpion pipes, xennons,heated black buffalo leather sport seats,auto dimming mirrors,serious tailored remap ,ferodo ds 2500 pads front and back upgraded tarrox japan sport competition drilled and grooved discs up front , and ferodo 5.1 racing brake fluid, and about 5k of stereo

Uber Post Whore

Status
    Avoid Tommy, can you avoid 23K for a right lemon.

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyt2
    thanks everyone for the help.The car is a nissan skyline gtr 34 v spec and is one of the 80 officially imported into the uk by middlehurst motorsport nissan dealer.The car was damaged 3 years ago and is for sale in a garage in yorkshire they usually retail for 32995 pounds but this car is 23000 pounds so i really would like this as i have always loved them and wanted one here it is opinions please http://dealerservices.autotrader.co....12545&pageid=4
    I've heard lots of bad thing about Keighley Trade Sport and Performance on lancerregister.com. I would be vary about buying anything off them, let alone a CAT C Skyline.

CAT C damage is usually quite heavy. On a car like a R34 it must have been bad. The Skyline has a balanced bodyshell and if it was in a bad accident, you would need a really skilled bodyshop to fix it properly.