TDI Passat

unkle

Beer God
Reaction score
Bought a nice cheap W-reg Passat today, rang up for the insurance and they reckon its 110 bhp, the V5 doesnt say what HP it has but the car has a red D and I on the TDI badge, I thought this was the 136bhp model, anyone know better? It only has 5 gears however so maybe it is only 110...

Look at the data sticker in the spare wheel well (or in the front of the service book). It'll be in German but will have the power output in kW stamped on it.
130 bhp = 95kW
110 bhp = 80kW

I wouldnt read too much in the badges mate, I think a lot of the time they just put on whatever badges they fancy. They may have ran out of silver D's :).

My missuses golf has a red TDI which is supposedly for the 150 version but its only 110. Might have been a previous owner wanting to make it look faster.

jojo said:
If it's a W reg, it will either have a 110 or 115PD unit in it. Check the engine code, ATJ is the 115PD model.

Engine code says AJM so guess its the 110bhp model, took it to Frankfurt today to pick up a mates wife, was impressed with the economy, did a ton nearly all the way there and all the way back and used only about two 3rds of a tank for about 450 miles, enough grunt for the autobahn and a pretty large boot which is a good job too as his wife had got more luggage than Mrs Beckham....