£100m tax payer money on a mosque?!?!

dgannon69

Reaction score
As below guys, i'm not racist whatsoever but i totally agree with this statement which i recieved in an email. I'm sure the money could go on more important things...

"We need to act now before its too late

I don't know if you have heard about this but Ken Livingstone is apparently planning to use tax payer's money to build an enormous mosque costing an estimated £100M in the docklands. Wouldn't it be better to spend the money on a new hospital or improved transport facilities. Anything but such a scheme as this:

The mosque will be BIGGER THAN ST PAUL 'S and WEMBLEY!!!

The plan is for the mosque to be so big so that people flying in from all over the world for the 2012 Olympics will see it as the biggest landmark in London , bigger than St

Pauls, Westminster Abbey or Wembley Stadium. The vote so far is 56 % in favour. It looks like the Muslim community in the UK is casting its vote in droves, and as usual the British are burying their heads in the sand... It is an undemocratic use of British Tax payers money, especially when our Churches that are 100's of years old get no government funding to keep their structures standing, and we are supposedly a Christian Nation. To vote to "Scrap the 'Mega-Mosque"

please sign the official Government petition in the link below.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/ScrapMegaMosque/#detail>

Please, after voting, forward this to as many people as you can

Caution: this petition is not entirely based in fact.

This story's been around for a while, but it's not tax payers' money that will be used. It's likely to be middle-east investment (IIRC Saudi money) that is touted for it. It still has to get past planning though and original plans were massively downsized due to initial outcry.

I must say I find the wording of the petition rather objectionable.
We the Christian population of this great country England would like the proposed plan to build a Mega Mosque in East London Scrapped.
I'm not Christian thank you, and please don't make that assumption.

This is exactly the kind of knee-jerk devise and inflammatory guff we can all do without.

2001 Census said:
The 2001 Census identified 8.6 million people in Great Britain who said they had no religion. Christianity is the main religion, with 41 million people. Muslims were the largest non-Christian religious group – 1.6 million – and their profile shows a young, tightly clustered, but often disadvantaged, community.

Source: http://www.statistics.gov.uk/focuson/religion/

i dont think so the UK goverment would pay a peny for such project , and if they wants to build a mosque theire , i think first one who most cover all the cost is the saudia arabia which showing that its the mother of muslims , let they pay the cost and stop calling muslims poor muslims to give them some supports for such projects.

if the monies are true, wouldnt it be better spent on terrorist defences rather than giving them another place to train?

I wouldnt think the Governent would pay money towards any religous building. As it might be seen as siding with a particular religion.

Beerzo said:
I wouldnt think the Governent would pay money towards any religous building. As it might be seen as siding with a particular religion.

And they dont already do that?

How about all the 800-900 year old churches that are struggling to find money to keep their roof from falling in? I think THEY deserve it a million times more than a shitting mosque

How about all the 800-900 year old churches that are struggling to find money to keep their roof from falling in? I think THEY deserve it a million times more than a shitting mosque

Couldn't agree more mate, alot of people would not say what you've said as it may cause offence, well done for speaking your mind :icon_thumright:

batwad said:
Caution: this petition is not entirely based in fact.

This story's been around for a while, but it's not tax payers' money that will be used. It's likely to be middle-east investment (IIRC Saudi money) that is touted for it. I must say I find the wording of the petition rather objectionable..

I would say you do recall correctly......... The Saudi regime is very fundamentalist. What they spend their vast sums of money on in their own Country is, of course, entirely up to them and nothing to do with us!

However when they use that money to try and export their fundamentalist beliefs into this Country, which they are doing in many ways, not the least being the financing of this proposed abomination,,,, then I think planning permission should be refused as being 'not in the public interest'. And if that is not enough perhaps under the 'prevention of terrorism' act too..........??

batwad said:
This is exactly the kind of knee-jerk devise and inflammatory guff we can all do without.

I take it you prefer the standard 'establishment'/muslim/facist, tactic of silencing all debate with cries of RACIST.......!!!

Prawn said:
maybe if we build them a mosque they will stop trying to blow us up?

There's one at the end of my street - in an old Methodist church.

S3-ROB said:
alot of people would not say what you've said as it may cause offence

'Bout time people did - whatever happened to freedom of speech??

Ahh JPO my old friend, must we always meet under these circumstances ;)
Just Plain Old said:
I take it you prefer the standard 'establishment'/muslim/facist, tactic of silencing all debate with cries of RACIST.......!!!
Not at all, and if you'd bothered paying any attention to that I've written on this theme you'd know that I've a very liberal minded, tolerant person. But with your set-in-stone blinkered nationalism I wouldn't expect you to understand.

Anyhow, my point here is that this is a gigantic piece of non-news. It requires no media attention at all. If I wanted to spend £100m on a 50-foot replica dildo to be permanently sited in my back garden it simply wouldn't be possible because the first town planning officer with a grain of sense would spot it as being a bad idea and reject it. I wouldn't expect it to feature in the news. I wouldn't expect someone to set up an online petition against it. I wouldn't expect people to discuss it on forums.

I just don't understand how 95,000 people have signed a petition against something that was never going to happen anyway. I wonder how many of those signatures are due to incorrect information!

So you don't like this government and you don't like Saudi Arabia. I've found a petition for you to sign:
We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to allow full investigation into BAE System's "Al Yamamah" arms deal with the Saudi government.
You've probably heard about that story. A Serious Fraud Office started uncovering some untoward goings on in arms deals between BAE and the Saudis. Our government got twitchy and canned the investigation. You can sign the petition here and be amongst the other 19 other people that pay attention to our country's affairs that are actually newsworthy.

Or you can go back to shouting how the Saudis are infecting our nation. Just don't be surprised when you find out where they get their guns from.

Is it Woolworths batwad? I used to have a lovely little machine gun & me & the other lads used to split up into groups & one time we would be germans v english but most of the time it used to be IRA v the rest of us as there were loads of em, happy days happy days, i bet my best mate abdul is kicking himself because if he would have loved us pushing him around on his plastic noddy car into the micks, the barstards always used to bet us as they used to plant pretend bombs everywhere & wipe 8 of us out in one hit

Is it Woolworths batwad? I used to have a lovely little machine gun from woolies & me & the other lads used to split up into groups, one time we would be germans v britts, but most of the time it used to be IRA v the rest of us as there were loads of em, happy days, happy days, i bet my best mate abdul is kicking himself because he would have loved us pushing him around in his plastic noddy car pretending it was a jeep cherekee into the micks, the barstards always used to bet us though as they used to plant pretend bombs everywhere & wipe 8 of us out in one hit the cheating sods, be a different nowdays with abdul & his jeep cherekee

batwad said:
Ahh JPO my old friend, must we always meet under these circumstances ;)

Indeed,,,, indeed........... We must be carefull or people will start talking!!;)

How you can reasonably say that even the 'proposal' of the biggest Mosque in europe requires no media attention!! Get serious!!!

And yes I'm aware of the Saudi arms deals and where they buy some of them from......... And yes, the prospect of a 50 foot self portrait in your back garden is to horrible to even contemplate!:icon_thumright: