What is your next car going to be??

this is where i am in a pickle - there are so many cars I'd love to own but i can't seem to have the courage to go buy them!

I got my A3 in january - i have another year at uni so i will probably keep it at least until this time next summer!

By 25 i would love to own an E46 M3 but I have always said id own a 330Cd before that

but since im young im going to miss my "hot hatch" age :S dont know what to do lol

Ess_Three said:
I just added another to the 'fleet'
...a Skoda Fabia vRS.

Can't beat it for comfort, economy, fun and performance...all with cheap insurance and road tax....so technically that was my 'next' car.

Yeah awesome little hatchback, cheap to run and insure, hold their value pretty well to...

Randomjim said:
I know they're proberably a crap car but i keep seeing chrysler 300 c's around and i love them to look at.

I agree, they look fantastic but the MUST have the Bentley grill. I have been looking at them for a while and the best description I can think of in imposing.
Wont be swopping my car for another 2 and a bit years so maybe something else will come along by then.

If i have to grow up and buy a house i'll prob be driving a suzuki swift

Good job I'm more than happy being at home!!

Definitly an S3 for me as ive learnt so much about them through this forum.

18 at the moment paying £1500 to insure my 1.8T hopefully by 19-20 i'll have an S3! :hubbahubba:

jojo said:

...aint easy :(

Pimp%2002.jpg

Katy_S3 said:
If i have to grow up and buy a house i'll prob be driving a suzuki swift

I almost bought a suzuki Swift recently...I was down to the Fabia vRS, Swift Sport and Panda 100HP.
I'd happily have a Swift Sport...they are great little cars...and in my view, as standard, WAY more fun than a standard S3!
But then again, so is the Panda 100HP!

Ess is that the special edition VRS you have? I was looking at one today and am very very tempted

Yeah, it's a Special Edition.
Number 708.

It's superb...quick, nimble, good fun...not outright fast or brilliant handling...but who can argue with the spec? Or the £115 PA road tax..or the 50 MPG!

smee said:
I agree, they look fantastic but the MUST have the Bentley grill. I have been looking at them for a while and the best description I can think of in imposing.
Wont be swopping my car for another 2 and a bit years so maybe something else will come along by then.

There's a woman that lives near me who must be in her late 40's and she has one. Mrs *** numberplate, bentley grill, lexarse lights (unfortunatly) and a set of 22 inch chrome wheels! That's an imposing car to have sitting behind you.

i think i will get a helicopter, or so my boss says to me and i might get to work quicker. LOL or a red 190 sline avant a4.:icon_thumright:

Ess_Three said:
Yeah, it's a Special Edition.
Number 708.

It's superb...quick, nimble, good fun...not outright fast or brilliant handling...but who can argue with the spec? Or the £115 PA road tax..or the 50 MPG!

The only thing putting me off it slightly is the size, doing alot of miles a year and feel the A3 is just right size inside, you done any long journeys in it? Noticed the boot didnt seem much smaller if at all, but its hard to tell how comfy the car would be to drive alot from a test drive.

rodenal said:
The only thing putting me off it slightly is the size, doing alot of miles a year and feel the A3 is just right size inside, you done any long journeys in it? Noticed the boot didnt seem much smaller if at all, but its hard to tell how comfy the car would be to drive alot from a test drive.

I find it the same size inside as my Mk3 Golf...which in turn was the same size as the S3.
The Fabia is pretty square sided, so there is actually a lot of room - more than you first think.

The boot is no smaller than the S3s...but a differwent shape. It will be smaller than an A3s though, although by how much I'm not sure.

I've done Glasgow and back (120 miles each way) and it's perfect...comfortable, quiet, relaxed...spot on.
My g/f borrowed it this last weekend to go to IKEA in Glasgow as it's so comfortable!
I'd have no question of jumping it for a 8 hr journey...and knowing I'd get out relaxed at the other end.

I like it...good for the money.

Ess_Three said:
I find it the same size inside as my Mk3 Golf...which in turn was the same size as the S3.

i think the S3 is quite deceiving in size as i find the S3 to be bigger or at least quite a bit wider than the Mk3 Golf as i cant fit my golf clubs in the boot of my MK3 Golf Gti but i can easilly get 2 sets in my S3......

Dubplate said:
i think the S3 is quite deceiving in size as i find the S3 to be bigger or at least quite a bit wider than the Mk3 Golf as i cant fit my golf clubs in the boot of my MK3 Golf Gti but i can easilly get 2 sets in my S3......

I wasn't meaning the boot specifically...but the whole cabin.
The Golf is pretty square sided...like the Fabia, whereas the A3/S3 is much smaller at roof level making the overall space much smaller.

I agree that the boot on the S3 was wide...but shallow.
The Fabia boot is similar in shape to the Mk3 Golf...a shade smaller though I'd imagine.

Smoke Breather said:
The S6 also has potential with it 5.2 V10 from the Lambo Gallardo, again I'm fairly sure its a slightly detuned version.

Whenthey say it's the gallardo enine don't they mean it shares a couploe of parts with the gallardo. I think it's something like the inlet cam shaft. I'm pretty sure the block, crank, pistons etc are unique to teh S6

Just swapped my A3 out for a z4 coupe so the next to go will pssibley be claire's B-Class.

Looking at getting an ML at the end of the summer to replace it.

well i've only had my S3 about 2 weeks so it'll be a long time before i replace it but i saw an alfa brera (spelling?) today and they look stunning

MikeA3 said:
i saw an alfa brera (spelling?) today and they look stunning

brera has a bit of a fat **** imo, the spider on the other hand looks fantastic, and Im not usually a fan of cabs

alfa_romeo_spider_02_02_06.jpg

:wub:

It all depends on what happens next yr & if i get the promotion i've just gone for.

If I get the promotion i'm keeping the Evo for a long long time. If I don't get it then i'll prob down grade to something cheaper when we move house next yr :(

It'll be a very very very sad day if the Evo has to go. I'll prob only spend about £3-4k, the rest will go towards the house. I'll prob either get an old MR2 Turbo or maybe a version 5 Impreza UK turbo. Wouldn't buy an STi if i'm only spending £4k as i'm not keen on any of the models before 1999 version 5.

Had a 1999 Uk Turbo about 4yr ago. I loved it, so much fun to drive & the flat 4 is sweeeeeet :)

Oh & f*ck the people who say they're a chav car, just about anythin is driven by chavs these days ;)

I've not got a clue what i'd get after the Evo if I get the promotion. I suppose it depends on circumstances at the time. Maybe a newer Evo, RS4 or if we've still got 3 cars an Exige or something similar.

Also if i get the promotion i'm putting some £ towards so my g/f can sell her A3 & get the latest shape MR2 VVTi. Oh & yes she's an hairdresser before anybody comments ;)

Craig :cool:

craigynett said:
Also if i get the promotion i'm putting some £ towards so my g/f can sell her A3 & get the latest shape MR2 VVTi. Oh & yes she's an hairdresser before anybody comments ;)

Brilliant little cars if you don;t need anything practical. Claire had one of the later ones with the modified suspension/wheel track on it (makes them less tricky in the wet) Had great fun in it, even did a track day at thruxton :)

Looks like the MR2 plans have just gone out of the window. Just found out I didn't get the job :( Shame, i found a nice silver 02 reg MR2 VVTi with black alloys, full red leather, few subtle mods & good history etc.

Oh well, looks like i'm off straight to the pub to drown my sorrows in a crate full of Corona ;)

I'll just have to go have a word with the boss on Monday. We get payed on how many different printing machines we can run. A grade 5 is what you get if you can run them all. I get grade 4 & the annoying thing is i've been able to run all of them for the last 2yrs :mad:

My old boss was a f*cker for coming up with any excuse to stop your pay rsie. There's about 5-6 other printers in the same boat as me. New boss has already said he's gonna try sort things out for everybody. Well I may aswell test him & see if he's full of sh*t like most management types are

sorry but most of our insist black is white and white is black, take all the credit when things work and dish out the crap when something doesn`t.

so its strike time as you may have seen in the papers :)

Test drove an S5 this afternoon... still grinning!

4.2 V8 Mmmmmmm and not an Estate Agent wagon like the TT.

Smoke Breather said:
Not quite sure yet, staying with Audi for sure. I've got 3 test drives booked this month, an S5, a RS4 and a S6. Porbably going for an RS4 at the mo but I'm interested to see what the S5 is like, as far as I know it uses the RS4 engine but I don't know if its in a differrent state of tune. The S6 also has potential with it 5.2 V10 from the Lambo Gallardo, again I'm fairly sure its a slightly detuned version. Just over 2 weeks til I've took them all out from the local dealer so I'll let you know which one gets the nod :icon_thumright:
Well I've driven them all and I'm still not really sure :think:. I've decided it's not the S5, lovely car but its not for me. So that leave's the RS4 and the S6 both seem great cars, the RS4 is more full on all the time whilst the S6 is definately more of a daily driver but still seems as capable 85% of the time. The local dealers have kindly agreed to let me use each of them for a weekend, RS4 this coming weekend and the S6 the weekend after the that :eyebrows: should be fun!! So that gives me another 2 weeks before I commit myself but hey it seems a nice decision to make though!

Randomjim said:
I know they're proberably a crap car but i keep seeing chrysler 300 c's around and i love them to look at.

A mate of mine has got 1 as his daily drive. Black, HUUUUGE chrome alloys & full tints. looks sweet.

However, his weekend toy is a 99T Lambo Diablo & he's only 23!! His dad gave him it as it's been sat in the his HUUUUGE garage for ages along with the Hummer 2, Zonda, stripped out twin turbo 612bhp carbon everything Porsche Gemballa 911 7 god knows what else he has now!!

He was going to buy him a Gallardo but decided to give him the Diablo to use for a bit 1st

300C cracking diesel engine.

I've not long since got my A3 did look at the 300C when I was chossing a car but couldn't drive around in it would feel like a silly ******.

However I do collect the replacement for our other car tomorrow. It is the new 2.8CRD Jeep Wrangler Sahara auto unlimited 4 door in black.:arco:

Smoke Breather said:
Well I've driven them all and I'm still not really sure :think:. I've decided it's not the S5, lovely car but its not for me. So that leave's the RS4 and the S6 both seem great cars, the RS4 is more full on all the time whilst the S6 is definately more of a daily driver but still seems as capable 85% of the time. The local dealers have kindly agreed to let me use each of them for a weekend, RS4 this coming weekend and the S6 the weekend after the that :eyebrows: should be fun!! So that gives me another 2 weeks before I commit myself but hey it seems a nice decision to make though!

its got to be the RS4 mate

Scottie said:
300C cracking diesel engine.

I've not long since got my A3 did look at the 300C when I was chossing a car but couldn't drive around in it would feel like a silly ******.

However I do collect the replacement for our other car tomorrow. It is the new 2.8CRD Jeep Wrangler Sahara auto unlimited 4 door in black.:arco:

I love Wranglers ;)

Altho I have to admit i prefer the older models. I had a 1996N 4.0 straight 6 manual Wrangler Sahara until about 2.5yrs ago. Spent a tiny bit on the engine to push power over 200bhp :) Was a hoot in rwd. Faster in a straight line than the mk2 Golf GTi 16v I had as my runabout. The women would go crazy over it when the roof was off ;)

Wrangler was severely thirsty tho. Would average 16mpg :

The only 2 things that let it down was the handling & interior. I uprated the dampers for road spec & it still wallowed about. Interior was like something from a series 1 landrover. I know the newer models have a more up to date interior

Wrangler-frontleftside.jpg

Wrangler-left-siderear.jpg

Our Sportback will turn 3 years old this October, but its running so well a replacement would be difficult to find. Since our 10 month-old son tends to carry a lot of baggage (!), I quite like the look of the A4 Avant or even the VW Passat estate (looks cool in SEL trim with those nice 17s).

The E39 BMW M5 can be had for around £15,000 so I'm swaying toward that, but insurance will be a killer (even with my well connected insurance buddies) and it won't be cheap to run, but I really don't care, that is one fantastic car, and most 22 year olds drive French tins.

Mmmm.........Thinking of changing our fleet completely.

The wife is doing a lot of mileage in her Mk2.5 MX5 now due to a new job. Probably going to look for a newish A3 2.0 TDI.

Then when she has something practical at last......going to get rid of the S3. Only had it for a few months but even with a re-map i'm getting pretty dissolusioned with it. Just doesn't really excite me any more.

Don't know what for, always liked the S2000, have to wait and see!!

Moving house currently, costing small fortune in the dreaded stamp duty.

Only certainties in life

1) Death
2) Taxes
3) Nurses
:salute: