Anyone here from East London?

mwstewart

Reaction score
Website
www.mwstewart.co.uk
Hello all, it looks like I'll be moving to East London with a new job working for Ford (Systems Analyst), it's actually based just outside of the M25 in Warley but I'd like to live more central if possible.

I'm looking at Newham - Stratford/Plaistow area. What are these areas like?

Would it be feasible to commute by car from here to outside of London, I'm thinking it might be as the traffic is usually worse going in to London in a morning, not out like I'd be doing.

Any info/recommendations would be most appreciated.

Cheers,
Mark

mwstewart said:
I'm looking at Newham - Stratford/Plaistow

****-holes mate :(

the new olympic village will be in stratford and I dont know how that will affect the area.

Cheap to live around there though

as what silver75 said really theres not a great deal there... there is a big regeneration scheme going on with the new olympic village and DLR links to the city.....

I'm struggling to think of any area i would recommend in East London. If you're set on moving somewhere more central then South East or even North London would be a better choice.

mc119856 said:
I'm struggling to think of any area i would recommend in East London. If you're set on moving somewhere more central then South East or even North London would be a better choice.

very true.... have you considered moving outside of the M25 ? maybe somewhere local in kent, would only be a short commute then....

mc119856 said:

IMO as far as East London is concerned anywhere east of Shorditch is mostly chav infested wasteland. Very few places in East London I would move to anyway.

Having just moved from SE London I wouldnt recomend it...

North London will be too far to commute every day so I would recomend Essex or North Kent much cheaper to live than London and a shorter commute.

Many thanks for the input guys. I had a drive around some of the places last night and I wasn't too impressed tbh! Stratford tcentre seemed OK though. I might try a bit further out while I get settled then try and find somewhere nicer a bit mroe central.

Thanks again!

Dude,
Try woodford, wanstead and south woodford even leytonstone

Wider choice and easy to get to the M11 and A406

Move to Brentwood, or closer to Central is Barkingside or Loughton its not bad there.
Ilford and stratford are okay if you want to get mugged or burgled

A4Quattro said:
Move to Brentwood, or closer to Central is Barkingside or Loughton its not bad there.
Ilford and stratford are okay if you want to get mugged or burgled

or stabbed

Not bad, its near Barkingside and it has a Central Line Tube station

If you like going out and drinking, then try faces at Gants Hill, really nice bar then club 2 doors down

I meant the two combined, they're not mutually exclusive as far as I am aware.