Holiday ideas for England?

Rev-head

Reaction score
Right i am in charge of sorting out weeks break in a weeks time .yes i know late getting it sorted but life has been manic for me for the past month.....was thinking lake district or the New forest has anybody got a place they would recommend or place they know of near them that is good

Or anything else

Cheers

Steve

Tell me about it but have little girl ,no planes so on ...so stuck for the now in the UK

Got to be either Devon or Cornwall for me. Love both places.

Devon - Then try Torquay,Paignton,Brixham.
Cornwall - Newquay.

I used to go ever year to Brixham and if the sun is shining then there is no better place to be.

More recently I have been ging to Newquay. Great place if you like the surf/bodyboarding thing.

Both great places, expensive and crap if its raining but fantastic if the weather is right.

Newquay is possibly better if you're taking children as there is more to do (especially if it's wet) with things like Eden Project etc.

i've been to both, lake district, I went to Cumbria (Lake Windmere), very nice there. New Forest (only been once, for a weekend, & wedding), was also a very nice area, both very different.
But either you choose I recon you'd like it.
Relaxing

Cant do Devon/Cornwall as have been there about 4 times already so looking for somewere else ....the weather is not helping hoping it changes soon

The kids have just come back from Centreparc at Sherwood forest and loved it.

I stayed at a site called Great Towers, took my tent, so that was fine!
I'm sure there's pleanty of B&B locally though if your looking for that

Looking for cottage sort of thing self-catering as the way the weather is going camping would not be the fun.....

Have you tried Kent, I went there a couple of months ago and it's a nice area. It does depend on what you want for your young ones though.Dover Castle was good fun and the kids will enjoy the tunnels etc.
Otherwise you could try Blakeney on the East coast great beaches and a nice little village

I don't believe what I'm reading are you Scottish or a foriegner you have some of the best roads in the UK and certainly some of the most beutiful country side for scenery, what is wrong with Skye highly reccommended and a lot cheaper than ****** England. Where I come from actually the place is a rip off for everything from hotels, meals and fuel, save your money and go where it is nice and not much traffic.

Go for it

Peter

:blackrs4: :uhm:

I would but meeting up with friends half way down sort of thing ......Have been looking on Centre Parcs(very pricey)but went on ebay got links off of there for a £1 .......and load of promo codes that give you 30% discount on price so looks like one of them will be the place to go

For others that are looking for breaks within Centre parks follow this site for codes

http://www.savings2behad.com/index.htm

Cheers

Steve

..another vote for Centre Parcs, try Elvedon or Longleat. :icon_thumright:

New forest is one of my favorites, Beaulieu palace/car museum & Bournmouth are all close.

Wales.

Dinefwr castle - thats really nice

or Caerphilly castle

or The Gower coast thats nice

or Laugharne - Dylan Thomas Boathouse

or Pendine Sands

or Saundersfoot Beach

or Tenby

or Pembrokeshire Castle (haven't been there yet, but looks great)

or Kidwelly castle, that's ok.

or if you don't want to travel too far, how about the Cotswolds (that's nice too).

And Carreg Cennan Castle Ming Blue, Rhossili,oxwich,mewslade, (the gower coast is beautiful)then there's St Davids as well
And it's about 4 1/2 hours from me (be down there soon too)

I know an excellent place in the New Forest area (well family own it) Bar, resturant with accommodation and childrens play area. Let me know if you are interested.
Sam

Go to one of the most beautiful and not overyly touristy parts of the UK-Northumberland. Alnwick, Bamburgh are gorgeous. Then theres a day trip to Lindasfarne. You could travel to the borders from there-Berwick-Upon-Tweed. There are miles of beaches up in Nothumberland.
I like to think that I am quite well travelled and there and Wales beats Devon and Cornwall. The British Riveria is also VERY pricey.
There are lovely B+B's, hotels and static caravan sites up there. In less than 3 hrs you can be up there.
Have a look online!

well thats me back folks .had a great time,... place was really good big recommend to this one if you are looking for a relaxing holiday cant go wrong here and they bend over backwards to help you out

GF has 3 horses but they were not coming with us...lol

The drive back up was a nightmare today M6 north bound J17/18 accident holding up everyone and some stupid **** in a suzuki swift broken down in the fast lane made no attempt to move his car ..weather was awful as well ..but on a good point got 630 miles to a tank of diesel:thumbsup: