Cooking

batwad

Reaction score
Does anyone else here fancy themselves as a bit of a chef? I love spending time in the kitchen and being "between jobs" as I am at the moment I took time yesterday to tidy up the kitchen and make some bread (and I didn't cheat and use a bread maker either). I've just polished off the last of the rolls I made and they were awesome!

I might get the pasta machine out tomorrow and make a lasagne. I've not done that for a while. Somehow I can see myself putting on a lot of weight in the next week...

i like to dabble! i have several cook books, and do like to invent.

it fills the time when working from home on quiet days.

I love cooking. Especialy curys and pastas/pizzas. :thumbsup:

Aye, getting into cooking thai food or anyhting with fish really

I am a executive chef (master of burning food)..any questions fire them to me

On a whim, I bought some lamb's hearts today. Time to dig out the River Cottage Meat Book for some ideas!

lol, love the smell of bread cooking but i cheat and use a bread maker. having said that its been in the cupboard for the last 12 months, keeping the smoothie maker, blender, panini maker, george foreman and other sh!te company!!

love cooking on a bbq though, fair play to ya batwad!!

Thinking lambs heart cries out "get back to work lol"

Rev-head said:
I am a executive chef (master of burning food)..any questions fire them to me

got any recipes for Placenta? The wife is due in Sept and am tempted to give this a go! (Gordon Ramsey would!)

ScoobyA4 said:
got any recipes for Placenta? The wife is due in Sept and am tempted to give this a go! (Gordon Ramsey would!)

couple of suggestions.......

Placenta Cocktail:
1/4 cup raw placenta
8oz V-8 juice
2 ice cubes
1/2 cup carrot.
Blend at high speed for 10 seconds

Placenta Lasagne:
Use your favorite Lasagne recipe and substitute this mixture for one layer of cheese. In 2 tbl. olive oil, quickly saute meat of 3/4 placenta, ground or minced; plus 2 sliced cloves of garlic, 1/2 tsp. oregano, 1/2 diced onion & 2 tbl. tomato paste, or 1 whole tomato.
ewwwwwwwwwwwwww.................. :doctor:

NICE! not really sure i could go through with it...

if i do, i'll take pics and document it on the net!

Ummmm good on your ScoobyA4!!! ( I think!)

I'm learning how to burn lots of things since becoming single again, but I have also found that having a pub that serves decent food a minutes walk from my front door a great advantage.

Well after thinking about it all day at work today I did the heart tonight and must say that it was absolutely wonderful. I trimmed the fat and sinews, then sliced the heart into small strips and quickly fried them with some finely chopped onion, garlic and a cheeky few bits of bacon. Onto a warm plate and into the oven while I whacked some sliced mushrooms and a touch more onion into the same pan with a dash of red wine just to deglaze the pan and make a little sauce. Meat out of oven, on to plate with rice and sauce.

I was really surprised how delicate a flavour it had; it was identifiable as lamb but different from, say, a lamb chop. I thoroughly enjoyed it and would heartily recommend (ho ho) everyone to give it a bash.