Bernard Manning is dead

voorhees said:
Sliver...Who the **** is Monty Pelissier?

Monty Panesar... Spelt his name wrong mate I meant the cricket dude this guy

A4Quattro said:
Everybody is so eager to jump on the "racism" bandwagon to show they are persecuted its unbelievable, have people nothing better to do?
(other than maybe nip down the social for their giro)

^^^missed this earlier.. ******** statement, cant see the link between the "racism bandwagon" and collecting giros mate, I can give you good examples of "idigenous" English people who have a mother on benefit, her mother on benefit and when the child get old enough they take the kid straight down the jobcentre to sign on... and then they pop another kid out so they dont have to look for work.
EDIT: Scum is scum no matter where you or your parents were born or what colour skin is

:cool:

Onlyme said:
Bernard Manning was half Jewish so basically he took the Pee out of himself

Having a great-great-grandfather who is Jewish doesnt make you half Jewish.. how well do you know your great-great-grandfather?

Onlyme said:
For Bernard Manning to be the wealthiest British Comedian must mean there must be loads of us in the lower common denominator club
yep :(

silver75 said:
Monty Panesar... Spelt his name wrong mate I meant the cricket dude this guy

(

Yeah I know!
untitled-4.jpg

jojo said:
Do a search!

Don't bother doing a search, you'll come up with nowt!

However, if you do a search for Monty Panesar, you'll get a million(roughly) hits relating to a certain english cricketer who destroyed the west indian batting attack recently.

silver75 said:
Rio Ferdinand, Ashley Cole
Christ Almighty Sliver couldn't you come up with better footie players than them pair of money grabbers?

What about the "Little Britain" shows then? Surely they take the mick of incontinent old women, wheelchair bound freeloaders, Homosexual welshmen etc.........., yet they're classed as funny.

arthurfuxake said:
What about the "Little Britain" shows then...

Little Britain is actualy funny. And the two blokes who do it arent c**ts.

Because of course taking the **** out of the Welsh or other white people isn't racist at all is it? and don't forget taking the **** out of the disabled, as long as they aren't ethnic disabled.

jojo said:
Yeah, Shaun Wright-Philips would have been a better choice. :lmfao:
Didn't he used to play first team football once?

Chris your right but I'm sure if you complained to the beeb you'd be ignored

I wonder if it would be racist if andy had of been an ethnical minority handicapped person?

There was that 1 time when he was painted blue - I'm sure that's smurfist!

The sketches in the University were wrong all the time

AndyMac said:
And if you're Scottish and winning medals you're British

Not if you are andy murray or david coulthard mind coulthards winning nothing I don't know how he keeps his job.

I think some of you need to know the difference between character based humour and standup comedy.
An Asian taking the **** out of Asians isn't racist in the same way a white guy telling blonde jokes isn't racist - durrrrr!
And yes there are plenty of lowest common denominator tossers out there, that's unfortunately why we have Dido, Big Brother and scratch cards, doesn't make it right.
I loved the Young Ones, not exactly sure what point you were trying to make there mate.
The Little Britain throwing up sketch is taking the **** out of the stupidity of the vomiting racist, not the people she vomits over. Andy is not disabled - that's the joke. Christ do I really have to explain this stuff? It's basic basic basic.

Explain the uni joke for us Andy?

bernard never told jokes about jewish people due to the fact that one of his relations died in Auschwitz, apparently they feel out of one of the watch towers.
The point I was making andy about young ones ect is that i know the difference between right & wrong I also know the difference between a true racist that may belong to the KKK and a comedian telling jokes & like bernard used to say they cant stop us laughing, Although i will add the PC brigade are trying there hardest.

There's a huge difference between the PC madness that infects our daily lives at the moment and a fat man telling fairly awful jokes taking the **** out of racial stereotypes.
At one end of the scale we're uncomfortable even criticising someone from a racial minority, and at the other end we've got people laughing at fairly distasteful jokes. If you think you have to belong to the KKK to be a racist then I can understand how you'd get the 2 things muddled up.

I heard this today & thought; "What the heck?" OK, here we go:

Q. What's black and very annoyed?

A. Bernard Manning's reincarnation.

As the butt of the joke, I think he'd have found it funny, but I bet his detractors wouldn't.

Just out of interest, Andymac, what's the relevance of him being fat? Are you saying he'd have been OK if he hadn't weighed 20 stone? (Or are you taking the **** out of a fat stereotype?) - Speaking as one who needs to breathe in to see his ****, I merely ask the question.

so little brittain seems to be OK with the PC TREE HUGGING brigade, erm how exactly do you work that one out, characters such as Ting Tong, marjorie daws and the Pakistani lady, the womens institute characters, Andy in the wheel chair are all politically correct in your eyes, cant you see how two faced your being.

how can i get muddled up Andy with the KKK that used to out hanging black people Andy & a person that tells a joke about a blackman irishman ect ect, i think its your goodself getting muddled up mate with all that herbal tee you PC lot drink i can just imagine you lot all sat together " oh i say excellent news about that big fat racist c--t Bernard isnt it, what a relief his dead, I notice Little Brittain is back on soon, apparently they have got a character this year who is Polish, another that is a pedophile & my favorite a Asian shop keeper with a very funny accent and a turban "
Pot, Kettle Black springs to mind

jdp1962 said:
I heard this today & thought; "What the heck?" OK, here we go:

Q. What's black and very annoyed?

A. Bernard Manning's reincarnation.

As the butt of the joke, I think he'd have found it funny, but I bet his detractors wouldn't.

Just out of interest, Andymac, what's the relevance of him being fat? Are you saying he'd have been OK if he hadn't weighed 20 stone? (Or are you taking the **** out of a fat stereotype?) - Speaking as one who needs to breathe in to see his ****, I merely ask the question.

I heard this today (popbitch by chance?) and thought it was hilarious! i posted on another board and got slated, its pathetic how some cant see things for what they are!

i've got a big nose and people take the **** out of me! its a laugh.

the relevance of him being fat is that he was fat, that's an undisputed fact and something that is unhealthy (would have contributed to his death I imagine) and something he could have done something about.
I have no issue with "My mother in law is so fat...." type jokes.
"Very slow metabolism, very fast pie arm" (Al Murray).

I'm just as sick & tired of politcal correctness in this country as the next guy, (sorry woman, sorry I mean person!) and I think it has got to such a stage now that it does far more harm than good, but as I've already stated above, there's a world of difference between PC madness and some of BM's material.
And the fact that people on here can't see that, proves the damage that PC'ness has done to this country.
PC'ness gone mad is "Baa Baa Black Sheep" being changed to "Baa Baa Grey sheep" and hundreds of other ludicrous examples which has everyone treading on eggshells not to offend anyone.
Outright racism is not PC'ness gone mad.
The fact I'm having to explain this stuff is quite worrying, which I can only attribute to the backlash against PC'ness rather than any real racist intent.
Character based comedy is completely different as you're laughing at the stupidity of the situation not at a racial stereotypes characteristics.
i.e. if you read a little britain script it won't actually be that funny, it's the characterisations that make it funny.
There's no handbook for this, you either know what's right or you don't. If you've been brought up laughing at Bernard Manning then I doubt there's any cure, but at least generations to come won't have to suffer the same fate.

AndyMac said:
There's no handbook for this, you either know what's right or you don't. If you've been brought up laughing at Bernard Manning then I doubt there's any cure, but at least generations to come won't have to suffer the same fate.

There's always DVD...

A4Quattro said:
Because of course taking the **** out of the Welsh or other white people isn't racist at all is it? and don't forget taking the **** out of the disabled, as long as they aren't ethnic disabled.

^^Stupid comment
Chris mate your an intelligent bloke so stop being so stupid... how is having a gay welsh character in a sketch show taking the **** out of the all the Welsh?? Is gay English character Lilly Savage taking the **** out of all English people?

Likewise how is having a character in a wheelchair taking the **** out of all the dissabled?? Is Peter Kaye's charcter in Phoenix Nights taking the **** out of all English people in wheelchairs?

ScoobyA4 said:
what about the old woman who throws up on ethnic kids??.

voorhees said:
Explain the uni joke for us Andy??.

If you watch really carefully you may realise that the joke is actually on the ignorance of the characters

Onlyme said:
so little brittain seems to be OK with the PC TREE HUGGING brigade, erm how exactly do you work that one out, characters such as Ting Tong, marjorie daws and the Pakistani lady, the womens institute characters

:(
cant believe people are saying the jokes such as "yeh I know" "and I'm the only gay in the village" is on the same level as "give a **** a crack on the way out","There’s a revolver, go out and shoot 6 niggers and a rabbit..." or ""I asked a paki why he didn't go home to pakistan.." :( :(

Why would anyone think its right to say stuff like this? As far as all this "PC brigade" buisness is concerned it seems to me that if you consider the above satements wrong then it means that you are some left wing herbal tea drinker

These are depressing times IMO :(

I think this subject has run its course and we shouldn't speak badly of the dead for they are not here to defend themselves. I'm sure he meant it all in jest, and i'd like to believe that.

I vote we just leave it here and go back to our lives.... for this thread has gone way beyond the original post and seems to be heading in the direction of most ethnically questionable posts.. the wrong way.

Silver perhaps if you pretended that you was the Fonz you wouldnt be so depressed