Quote Originally Posted by jojo
    Do a search!
    Thanks Jo

I found his brother Tony http://www.britmovie.co.uk/biog/p/007.html

2. # ADS
    ADS

My BM is fixed!

Status
    ROFL!! Thats at someone's expense you know...
    Chris

The problem with common sense, is that its not that common.

See my images @
    http://www.christianfrench.co.uk

Own a dreaded BMW? http://www.bmw-sport.net

Big Ron

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees
    Sliver...Who the **** is Monty Pelissier?
    Monty Panesar... Spelt his name wrong mate I meant the cricket dude this guy

Quote Originally Posted by A4Quattro
    Everybody is so eager to jump on the "racism" bandwagon to show they are persecuted its unbelievable, have people nothing better to do?
    (other than maybe nip down the social for their giro)
    ^^^missed this earlier.. ******** statement, cant see the link between the "racism bandwagon" and collecting giros mate, I can give you good examples of "idigenous" English people who have a mother on benefit, her mother on benefit and when the child get old enough they take the kid straight down the jobcentre to sign on... and then they pop another kid out so they dont have to look for work.
    EDIT: Scum is scum no matter where you or your parents were born or what colour skin is

Quote Originally Posted by Onlyme
    Bernard Manning was half Jewish so basically he took the Pee out of himself
    Having a great-great-grandfather who is Jewish doesnt make you half Jewish.. how well do you know your great-great-grandfather?

For Bernard Manning to be the wealthiest British Comedian must mean there must be loads of us in the lower common denominator club
    yep
    Last edited by silver75; 21st June 2007 at 10:02.

Smart Roadster 03
    Ford Sportka 05

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by silver75
    Monty Panesar... Spelt his name wrong mate I meant the cricket dude this guy

(
    Yeah I know!

Controversial & Contradictive

Status
    Do a search!
    Don't bother doing a search, you'll come up with nowt!

However, if you do a search for Monty Panesar, you'll get a million(roughly) hits relating to a certain english cricketer who destroyed the west indian batting attack recently.
    53 A4 2.5TDi Quattro Sport 180 Tiptronic. Heated Buffalino leather, DVD Sat Nav RNS-E, TV, Bluetooth, 6 cd, BOSE, Colour DIS, Cruise Control, Auto lights and mirrors, Interior light pack, Heated mirrors.

Status
    Doh, this thread is HOT
    53 A4 2.5TDi Quattro Sport 180 Tiptronic. Heated Buffalino leather, DVD Sat Nav RNS-E, TV, Bluetooth, 6 cd, BOSE, Colour DIS, Cruise Control, Auto lights and mirrors, Interior light pack, Heated mirrors.

Status
    Rio Ferdinand, Ashley Cole
    Christ Almighty Sliver couldn't you come up with better footie players than them pair of money grabbers?

Big Ron

Status
    no

Smart Roadster 03
    Ford Sportka 05

Status
    What about the "Little Britain" shows then? Surely they take the mick of incontinent old women, wheelchair bound freeloaders, Homosexual welshmen etc.........., yet they're classed as funny.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Christ Almighty Sliver couldn't you come up with better footie players than them pair of money grabbers?
    Yeah, Shaun Wright-Philips would have been a better choice.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

Big Ron

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurfuxake
    What about the "Little Britain" shows then...
    Little Britain is actualy funny. And the two blokes who do it arent c**ts.

Smart Roadster 03
    Ford Sportka 05

My BM is fixed!

Status
    Because of course taking the piss out of the Welsh or other white people isn't racist at all is it? and don't forget taking the piss out of the disabled, as long as they aren't ethnic disabled.
    Chris

See my images @

Status

Thumbs up

Yeah, Shaun Wright-Philips would have been a better choice.
    Didn't he used to play first team football once?

Chris your right but I'm sure if you complained to the beeb you'd be ignored

Status
    I wonder if it would be racist if andy had of been an ethnical minority handicapped person?

There was that 1 time when he was painted blue - I'm sure that's smurfist!

Status
    The sketches in the University were wrong all the time
    Last edited by voorhees; 21st June 2007 at 17:19. Reason: spelling!!!

ding dang do

Status
    what about the old woman who throws up on ethnic kids??
    Bring the hammer, this needs persuading!

Coming back to Audi with an A4 Avant 2008 2.0TDI

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyMac
    And if you're Scottish and winning medals you're British
    Not if you are andy murray or david coulthard mind coulthards winning nothing I don't know how he keeps his job.
    2007 Sportback S Line Tdi 170 Avus,Bose,Multi function steering wheel, Electric Lumbar support,Front centre armrest,
    Storage pack,Through load system,Folding mirrors,Non smoking pack

2009 BMW K1300S, ABS, ASC,OBC, heated grips

My BM is fixed!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbikez
    mind coulthards winning nothing I don't know how he keeps his job.
    Maybe the biggest Square-Head loser award?
    Chris

See my images @

6th Gear

Status
    could be can't be his driving thats for sure
    2007 Sportback S Line Tdi 170 Avus,Bose,Multi function steering wheel, Electric Lumbar support,Front centre armrest,
    Storage pack,Through load system,Folding mirrors,Non smoking pack

2009 BMW K1300S, ABS, ASC,OBC, heated grips

Status
    I think some of you need to know the difference between character based humour and standup comedy.
    An Asian taking the piss out of Asians isn't racist in the same way a white guy telling blonde jokes isn't racist - durrrrr!
    And yes there are plenty of lowest common denominator tossers out there, that's unfortunately why we have Dido, Big Brother and scratch cards, doesn't make it right.
    I loved the Young Ones, not exactly sure what point you were trying to make there mate.
    The Little Britain throwing up sketch is taking the piss out of the stupidity of the vomiting racist, not the people she vomits over. Andy is not disabled - that's the joke. Christ do I really have to explain this stuff? It's basic basic basic.

Status
    Explain the uni joke for us Andy?

Status
    Gladly, I'm holding some webinars in the near future!

Status

ding dang do

Status
    who dangled the hook? that was an easy bite!

3rd Gear

Status
    bernard never told jokes about jewish people due to the fact that one of his relations died in Auschwitz, apparently they feel out of one of the watch towers.
    The point I was making andy about young ones ect is that i know the difference between right & wrong I also know the difference between a true racist that may belong to the KKK and a comedian telling jokes & like bernard used to say they cant stop us laughing, Although i will add the PC brigade are trying there hardest.

Status
    There's a huge difference between the PC madness that infects our daily lives at the moment and a fat man telling fairly awful jokes taking the piss out of racial stereotypes.
    At one end of the scale we're uncomfortable even criticising someone from a racial minority, and at the other end we've got people laughing at fairly distasteful jokes. If you think you have to belong to the KKK to be a racist then I can understand how you'd get the 2 things muddled up.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    I heard this today & thought; "What the heck?" OK, here we go:

Q. What's black and very annoyed?

A. Bernard Manning's reincarnation.

As the butt of the joke, I think he'd have found it funny, but I bet his detractors wouldn't.

Just out of interest, Andymac, what's the relevance of him being fat? Are you saying he'd have been OK if he hadn't weighed 20 stone? (Or are you taking the piss out of a fat stereotype?) - Speaking as one who needs to breathe in to see his dick, I merely ask the question.
    Last edited by jdp1962; 22nd June 2007 at 07:46.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

3rd Gear

Status
    so little brittain seems to be OK with the PC TREE HUGGING brigade, erm how exactly do you work that one out, characters such as Ting Tong, marjorie daws and the Pakistani lady, the womens institute characters, Andy in the wheel chair are all politically correct in your eyes, cant you see how two faced your being.

3rd Gear

Status
    how can i get muddled up Andy with the KKK that used to out hanging black people Andy & a person that tells a joke about a blackman irishman ect ect, i think its your goodself getting muddled up mate with all that herbal tee you PC lot drink i can just imagine you lot all sat together " oh i say excellent news about that big fat racist c--t Bernard isnt it, what a relief his dead, I notice Little Brittain is back on soon, apparently they have got a character this year who is Polish, another that is a pedophile & my favorite a Asian shop keeper with a very funny accent and a turban "
    Pot, Kettle Black springs to mind

ding dang do

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962
    I heard this today & thought; "What the heck?" OK, here we go:

Q. What's black and very annoyed?

A. Bernard Manning's reincarnation.

As the butt of the joke, I think he'd have found it funny, but I bet his detractors wouldn't.

Just out of interest, Andymac, what's the relevance of him being fat? Are you saying he'd have been OK if he hadn't weighed 20 stone? (Or are you taking the piss out of a fat stereotype?) - Speaking as one who needs to breathe in to see his dick, I merely ask the question.
    I heard this today (pop***** by chance?) and thought it was hilarious! i posted on another board and got slated, its pathetic how some cant see things for what they are!

i've got a big nose and people take the piss out of me! its a laugh.

Status
    the relevance of him being fat is that he was fat, that's an undisputed fact and something that is unhealthy (would have contributed to his death I imagine) and something he could have done something about.
    I have no issue with "My mother in law is so fat...." type jokes.
    "Very slow metabolism, very fast pie arm" (Al Murray).

I'm just as sick & tired of politcal correctness in this country as the next guy, (sorry woman, sorry I mean person!) and I think it has got to such a stage now that it does far more harm than good, but as I've already stated above, there's a world of difference between PC madness and some of BM's material.
    And the fact that people on here can't see that, proves the damage that PC'ness has done to this country.
    PC'ness gone mad is "Baa Baa Black Sheep" being changed to "Baa Baa Grey sheep" and hundreds of other ludicrous examples which has everyone treading on eggshells not to offend anyone.
    Outright racism is not PC'ness gone mad.
    The fact I'm having to explain this stuff is quite worrying, which I can only attribute to the backlash against PC'ness rather than any real racist intent.
    Character based comedy is completely different as you're laughing at the stupidity of the situation not at a racial stereotypes characteristics.
    i.e. if you read a little britain script it won't actually be that funny, it's the characterisations that make it funny.
    There's no handbook for this, you either know what's right or you don't. If you've been brought up laughing at Bernard Manning then I doubt there's any cure, but at least generations to come won't have to suffer the same fate.

My BM is fixed!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyMac
    There's no handbook for this, you either know what's right or you don't. If you've been brought up laughing at Bernard Manning then I doubt there's any cure, but at least generations to come won't have to suffer the same fate.
    There's always DVD...
    Chris

See my images @

Status
    People actually buy BM DVD's?

Big Ron

Status

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by A4Quattro
    Because of course taking the piss out of the Welsh or other white people isn't racist at all is it? and don't forget taking the piss out of the disabled, as long as they aren't ethnic disabled.
    ^^Stupid comment
    Chris mate your an intelligent bloke so stop being so stupid... how is having a gay welsh character in a sketch show taking the piss out of the all the Welsh?? Is gay English character Lilly Savage taking the piss out of all English people?

Likewise how is having a character in a wheelchair taking the piss out of all the dissabled?? Is Peter Kaye's charcter in Phoenix Nights taking the piss out of all English people in wheelchairs?

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyA4
    what about the old woman who throws up on ethnic kids??.
    Explain the uni joke for us Andy??.
    If you watch really carefully you may realise that the joke is actually on the ignorance of the characters

so little brittain seems to be OK with the PC TREE HUGGING brigade, erm how exactly do you work that one out, characters such as Ting Tong, marjorie daws and the Pakistani lady, the womens institute characters

cant believe people are saying the jokes such as "yeh I know" "and I'm the only gay in the village" is on the same level as "give a coon a crack on the way out","Theres a revolver, go out and shoot 6 niggers and a rabbit..." or ""I asked a paki why he didn't go home to pakistan.."

Why would anyone think its right to say stuff like this? As far as all this "PC brigade" buisness is concerned it seems to me that if you consider the above satements wrong then it means that you are some left wing herbal tea drinker

These are depressing times IMO
    Last edited by silver75; 22nd June 2007 at 10:38.

Smart Roadster 03
    Ford Sportka 05

1st Gear

Status
    Explain the uni joke for us Andy?
    i saw it as a satire of a racist/biggot such as BM.
    Audi A3 2001 1.8T Black - Hyperboost DV, BMC Filter, Kicker 8" Sub in custom Stealth box.
    Manager of the AS fantasy football league "Super Hoops" ... come on you R's!!!

My BM is fixed!

Status
    I think this subject has run its course and we shouldn't speak badly of the dead for they are not here to defend themselves. I'm sure he meant it all in jest, and i'd like to believe that.

I vote we just leave it here and go back to our lives.... for this thread has gone way beyond the original post and seems to be heading in the direction of most ethnically questionable posts.. the wrong way.
    Chris

See my images @

Big Ron

Status
    truth

Smart Roadster 03
    Ford Sportka 05

5th Gear

Status
    hear hear
    Dave

"If that's the Turbo Fairy knocking tell Her I'm not in"

5th Gear

Status
    These are depressing times IMO
    Indeed they are.................
    In my personal opinion

3rd Gear

Status
    Silver perhaps if you pretended that you was the Fonz you wouldnt be so depressed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast