Expensive Nova

who would pay that?

You could buy an RS4, Supercharged XKR the list goes on!

Good luck is all i can say lol. Saw a bumper sticker the other day on a rusty old nova...... "You've been novataken" :happy:

The saying is : 'You can't polish a ****."

Well, someone has put the lie to that, with an extreme amount of effort and cash.

Still a **** though.

Hang on, what chavs can afford that? their dole wouldnt stretch that far. Would it?

Even if they could afford it why would anyone spend that much on a Nova???

ScoobyA4 said:
Hang on, what chavs can afford that? their dole wouldnt stretch that far. Would it?

How about this one...

_39954939_michaelcarroll_long203.jpg

His he not still locked up for something?? :laugh:

The car is Hideous IMO I really don't like nova's...

I'm amazed there was anything left to mod after this long, there rust buckets!

Nicely modified, but a bit steep and I'm not sure who the target buyer would be. Kids love Novas, but they're not gonna spend £25k on one.

Your right that is a lot of cash for essentially a Vauxhall Nova and i certainly wouldnt pay that for it.

But having tinkered with Vauxhalls in the past and doing a few Turbo conversions on Novas and Astras that is one very impressive spec and not to be sniffed at.

Beerzo said:
Check this out...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2002-Volkswagen-Bora-Blue_W0QQitemZ190120028272QQihZ009QQcategoryZ9873QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

A PD 150 in a Bora I am 99% sure that engine was only ever in the Golf GTi TDi. Not to be mistaken for a GTDi.

I am thinking there is a chance they are telling a lie on this one or its had an engine change.

Not just that but it's the same company thats offering a £650,000 merc race car, offering a 6k Bora with a dodgy engine! hm..

400 and something BHP? to the front wheels? Cant se it being that fast and im sorry to say it as i am a speed freak but i will always need a bit of class hence the audi. A nova is a vehicle designed for grannys to go shopping in. Still the guy who did it must be quite proud, suprised he is selling as wont get much for it.

I think it's just a cheap way to advertise their company, Racetech, I doubt they expect to sell what can only be a specially prepared demo car.

rusty1983 said:
400 and something BHP? to the front wheels? Cant se it being that fast and im sorry to say it as i am a speed freak but i will always need a bit of class hence the audi.
I had a 300 bhp astra gsi turbo and that was fast,so that nova will be fast.

I should of known better....

When I read the title "Expensive Nova", I instantly thought it was going to be a mid 1960's Chevy Nova II.

Like this...

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/1967-chevrolet-chevy-ii-nova-ss-1.jpg
[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=+1]The 1967 Chevrolet
Chevy II Nova SS
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Specifications
Wheelbase, inches: 110.0
Weight, lbs: 2,690
Number built: 10,000
Base price: $2,683

Top Available Engine
Type: ohv V-8
Displacement, cid: 327
Fuel system: 1 x 4bbl.
Compression ratio: 11.0:1
Horsepower @ rpm: 350 @ 5800
Torque @ rpm: 360 @ 3600

Representative Performance
0-60 mph, sec: 6.5
1/4 mile, sec. @ mph: 14.9 @ 96.5[/SIZE][/FONT]
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/[URL=h.../2894386420075991182GwrZWe_th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]