Saw a R8 today - simply stunning!

RobinA3

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Someone at work had a R8 LHD with german plates on, it was Red with Carbon Fibre side pods and it looked soooooooooo damn nice.

Gotta be one of the most beautiful cars EVER!!!

Aston Martin eat your heart out!

Just saw my first R8 at Audi Whetstone.......has to be one of the finest looking motors currently being made. The attention to detail is something else, dunno if anyone else has noticed but the headlights have a transparent R8 badge inside....gotta have one.

Biglockie said:
^^^^^^AYE^^^^^^

t_nvgj.jpg

I was lucky enough to spend Sunday afternoon at Oulton Park driving one:) When I started out the track was pretty dry and the car felt fantastic - the brakes coped with some serious abuse and only grumbled a little. The chassis was the first road going Audi I've driven that could be adjusted on the throttle during cornering, and the ESP wouldn't interfere untill you were really getting it out of shape. And when the rain eventually came the car still felt brilliant. It drives better than it looks, and that's saying something!

Could think of 20 cars that I would rather buy before I spent 70k on an Audi

then go join forums for those other 20........

i saw an R8 in croatia last week, and MY GOD, it was just simply gorgeous. i cant think of a single other car id buy with £70k if i went for a car straight out of the box. if its the super car, super stylish thing your after, it just seems awesome!

Is it just me or does 70k sound 'cheap' for a car so stunning?

that was rude :(

sorry! it wasnt ment to sound offensive at all! it was just a bit of a joke.

as far as style goes, the pics just dont do it ANY justice, in real life, it was simply stunning, ive never seen so many people crowded around a car in a public car park....

as for engineering, it shares mechanicals with the RS4, and thats good enough for me.....