A WORD OF WARNING

motorbikez

Reaction score
The Dept of transport is currently thinking of fitting micro chips to the number plates of the 1 million + motorcycles on the pretext of reducing theft, road tax evasion and number plate clonning.
All of which I have no problem with however the chip also is GPS enabled so they know where you are,:no: where you have been and how fast you have been going.
So forget about cameras, the fine will come through the post from an automated computer like you gas bill cause the GPS said so.
You might think ******** to motorcyclists but you can guarantee if they get away with this scam within a year every vehicle in the uk will be spied upon by plod and this control freak government.

No problem Lottie I'll be keeping a close eye on this and will post any more info on here.

Do you have a link to this information?

SamDude said:
Do you have a link to this information?

No link it was an article I read in motorcycle news and if I remember rightly readers would be roadside.

I think that it is just a question of when this type of technology is used on all vehicles not just bikes. We already hear all the hype about road pricing.

Lets consider this............

Norwich Union already provide insurance based on your road usage
This is tracked by a "black box" in your car
This can track when and where you are driving
"Our" government wants to put in place road charging
The private sector has already made this work
The technology is already here so how long before we are all being monitored 24 hours a day :wtf:

shineydave said:
the directive is about placing RFID chips in drivers licences to combat forgeries, it's nothing to do with tagging bikes electronically.

are we talking about two different things here?

Yes we are shiney dave the chips if it goes ahead are definately going in the number plates.

Time to pack up and leave this big brother state behind!

If they put any technology like this in the cars you know there will be hacks out for it that can switch the tracker on and off so you dont have to pay much.

I hate the way this country is going... Does my head in all this big brother ********. A man should be able to go out for a drive without having to worry he's being tracked and how much it will cost him if he drives down certain roads or goes over the speed limit.

This whole idea is the boldest Big Brother idea the gvt have come up with so far. I tell you what though, i'll be first inline for "reprogramming" mainy for the speeding aspect. Anyhow surely somehwere along the lines in will infringe on your human rights, You never know Brussels may be our Saviour.

Oh and you bet your bottom dollar the Anti terror card will be pulled everytime there's opposition to these schemes.