Complain, it works!

ScoobyA4

ding dang do
Reaction score
we went for lunch at Henry J Bean in the Printworks last bank hol, and the service was poor! the wife, who'd had a poo day as Spiderman 3 was also v crap, emailed and complained. we've just recieved the following reply:

"Dear Mrs Scooby,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to contact us about your experience. So often when things go wrong in our industry customers will leave without ever coming back, so I am always greatful for the opportunity to get feedback on our service – and thus maintain the standards we aim to achieve.

I would also like to assure you that any errors in the execution of our service are taken very seriously by myself and my management team. Since receiving your letter I have completed a full investigation into what went wrong that day and any weaknesses in the team have been addressed through disciplinaries and training where necessary.

In the course of the investigation I believe there was a huge lack of communication between the team on the day and a number of oversights which contributed to your experience. Our standard practise is that a waitress should be assigned to a section of the bar and they are thus on hand to attend and foresee your every need. Unfortunately on this day it would seem that your area was severly neglected and for this I sincerely apologise. I am also sorry that your situation was not addressed by the manager on duty at the time; I can assure you that we would never expect a customer to pay for a meal that was not served to the highest standards.

With this in mind I would like to take the opportunity to invite you and your husband back for a complimentary meal in our restaurant. This would hopefully not only reimburse you for money which I believe should not have been spent, but also allow myself and the team a chance to demonstrate the high standrads to which we usually work. If you would like to take me up on this offer than please do not hesitate to contact me and I will organise it at a time which is convenient for you both.

Thank you once again for getting in touch and please accept my deepest apologies that this happened to you at all.

Yours Faithfully,"

I'm actually quite impressed with the reply! Problem is, Mrs Scoobs is thinking of just ignoring it, as she feels guilty! Ive told her not to be daft as they have actually admitted there was an issue. i've told her i'll happily take her back but we'll go for an evening meal rather than lunch.

Would you just let it go?

I'll come if she wants to maintain her principle...

Sam, how would we pass the 'You and your husband' when it was addressed to MRS Scooby?

dare i ask if you like dressing up? :scared2:

ScoobyA4 said:
Sam, how would we pass the 'You and your husband' when it was addressed to MRS Scooby?

dare i ask if you like dressing up? :scared2:

I'm sure Mrs Scooby would say she didn't mind you going without her - but she would, really.

So to save you the headache, I'll take Mrs Sam and let you know it went.

:eyebrows:

Hope the return visit is a better one. If so drop them a line and say well done. Thiers a good chance the manager will let the staff know and you will get looked after well on the next visit.

I recon you should deff go for it! When you complain, generally you'll always get some sort of compensation, quite often it'll be a discount. I would also say a evening meal, would be the way forward.

Enjoy it!

Go for it,
if the restaurant recognises it's error and wants to show you it can do better then you have an obligation to go and see if they can! Oh and enjoy a good meal for free!
How often does that happen?

thanks all! it seems we all think the same, i think the wife will give in, especially when i offer to take her to see Pirates of the Caribbean 3 as she love Johnny Depp

LottieA3 said:
Exactly it doest happen very often.

We once went for a meal at a pub in Cov

You eat in Coventry?............... Brave lady :respekt: