last time to drive my car for a bit

205man

Reaction score
this morning was the last time i can drive my car for some time as im going into hospital this afternoon to have an operation on my knee.

im having a lateral release, some bone reshaping of the knee cap, some thing to do with the cartlidge having a groove across the middle.

the problems started almost 3years ago after a mountain bike accident whilst in north wales, and the knee never recovered and has got slowly worse and worse.

but they have told me it could be upto 12months before my knee feels normal again and thats if it goes to plan as there are problems with doing a lateral release??? thanks alot make me feel better. and told couldnt start riding again for at least 6months and then only really on exersise bike/turbo trainer.

so not looking forward to 2pm today which is when im due to have it done, i have to be there at 1pm.

just thought id tell you guys, what ive got planned for my day

alan

Good luck with the op alan - hope it all goes ok

Mike

had 2 knee ops for cartlidge damage and managed to tear my cruiciates slightly. Enjoy the sleep and all should be well when you wake up.

best thing ive found is to get the knee moving asap speeds things up a treat.

good luck

im back home now i got back this afternoon, thank god i was getting so bored just lay there.

ive been told the op went well and they fixed all my faultsl lol, on the plus side they didnt have to do such a big lateral release, which means my recovery time should be quicker.

im just going to be lay at home but at least i have sky , 360 and my laptop; to keep me company, my girlfriend is going to come home at lunch times to see if i need anything, like help getting to the toilet doh!

next week im going to be allowed to start using crutches for short periods of time as long as i dont put to much pressure on it, but at least im on the road to recovery

thanks for all the messages of support guys, much appreciated.

whilst i cant drive im going to get some work done on my car, so going to send it in for new suspension and exhaust to start with, so it will be done for when im back on my feet

alan