Hello from a new member!

cgreenle

Reaction score
Just thought I'd say hello to all the Audi fanatics!

I've had an A4 for a couple of years and we have just sold our M3 and gone for the Allroad, what a great car although a million miles away from the M3 in every respect.

Just a quick question, any known problems with the Allroads?

Thanks,

Colin.

Hi Colin

Welcome! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif Nice choice of cars - glad you got rid of the Bimmer!! The Allroad's a brilliant car - which one do you have? 2.7T or TDi? The 2.7T is seriously quick, but drinks fuel like you wouldn't believe. The TDi has huge amounts of torque, but sips rather than gulps fuel.

You thought of getting them chipped? I have a 2.5TDi A6 Quattro, had that chipped at AmD, and it goes like the clappers... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

AFAIK there are no real problems with Allroads...

Tony

Thanks Tony,

We went for the TDi in the end because it is enough for what we want it for and I was sick of towing a fuel bowser behind the M3. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Although it was a great car it wasn't until we got the Allroad that we realised how diffcult it was to drive on an everyday basis. Had the SMG option which was good at first but after a while I wanted to go back to a manual as I felt somewhat detached and not completely in control. Also with the 19" wheels you felt every bump and imperfection on the road surface. Also got very, very p*ssed of with BMW customer service and their complacent arrogance.

Haven't thought about chipping (yet!) but may be something to consider in the future.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif