Wheeler Dealers

batwad

Reaction score
Anyone watch this programme? The one where Mike Brewer (what a ****) buys a banger and his mate Edd China (what a legend) does it up before Mike sells it on again. You can generally catch it on Discovery Real Time or Discovery Turbo at some point most evenings.

I'm addicted to it. I love the way MB gets moist over crappy clapped-out cars (he bought the rustiest MR2 in the world last night) but I love watching Edd the mechanic do his work. The MR2 last night had totally f**ked alloys and paintwork and he polished them up a treat - great to see the kind of miracles Polished Bliss et al work on telly! They had an old Alfa Spider the other week. It was lush and I want one :)

It's such a great manly show, talking about engines, gearboxes, dismantling things, maintenance, welding etc.

Seen the one with the mr2 on it before, an old mk1?

I like watching it too, the mechanic is a bit alright at everythin even bodywork - gotta wonder how many people he inspired to go spray their own wings on their mr2, and make a right tits up of it lol

I've seen all of them, like you say very addictive, I will even watch the same ones over again.
The Mk1 GTi was really good although Ed "the giant" China did stick the stripes on upside down for some reason.
I just love the way Mike Brewer collapses when it comes to the sale.
So the car is up for £1,800 you've found nothing wrong with it, it's been completely professionally restored, OK I'll take £1,200 for it.
Don't worry about the 180 man hours Ed's put in, we'll just not bother factoring that in.

I know i love the way they make out like they've made profit when in reality they do about a grand worth of work to every car lol.

Yes rodenal, it was a MK1 MR2 with comically rotten wings, missing locks and ignition barrel :sadlike:

The Mk1 GTI was on recently too. I couldn't figure it out; they seemed to spend the whole show putting GTI bits of trim on it! Was it even a GTI to start with?

Iam amazed that Ed hasnt bludgened that Brewer to death yet he buys some of the worst examples going and looks at some concourse example then sells theres for ****** all......

ive seen a few of these the most recent was a porsche payed 700 for it total after bits came to i think about 1100, he then advertised it for 1750 the guy said 1400 he said no, then the next offer came in 1500 and he took it. ed had done a great job on it but you take the labour charge into consideration and there makin nothing!!!!!!

Anyone else noticed Ed's addiction to revving the nuts off the car he's just finished working on and then stopping it again? Give the friggin oil chance to get round before you thrash the sodding thing!

Otherwise, I agree with what's been said before ^^^^ :)

i watched a program before with edd on it and he is the one that makes all these sheds and stuff that drive, if you have seen jackass 1 the movie the giant shopping trollery that they ride is one of edd's!!!...

I like the credit to "High & Mighty" they have to show at the end, but no credit to "short, fat & dodgy" for Mikes wardrobe!