Tattoos?

Jim, you might need to think before you post as I can see deleted threads (i thought I'd restore it for all to see)

This is a car site, not a tatoo site, there is always going to be 2 sides to the conversation.

now stop ******* members off

I was saying well said to you olly but james's post came in between it. Sorry dude.

lawl, no worries, i'll keep it there as now people will know !

LottieA3 said:
"Go Olly - Go Olly - Go Olly - Go Olly"

cheerleader_jumping_hg_wht.gif

11755527.jpg

Back to the point, yes, tattoo's hurt, its 3-7 needles jabing in and out of your skin! Some bits don't hurt worse than mild sunburn, other bits feel like your skin is being stripped with a red hot knife. Over all though its not to bad. If you can, get Tattoo Goo, its a special cream to put on it while its healing, don't use pile cream (and yes you can do this) as I found its not as good. As for the matter of peoples opinions, they are just that, opinions. If we all like the same things it'd be a damn boring world to live in. I say go for it, its better to regret things you have done than things you haven't...

I've had 2 done, both oriental dragons, the first one on my ribs, the second a complete band on my left arm. They both hurt, but after about the first hour the pain nulls. I just took plenty of coke(-cola) too keep sugar levels up.

The other thing you could try is to take some pain killers before you have it done.

I've never had one (nor wanted to, to be honest) but my mate has quite a few. According to him, the pain is different each time. People that I know who have tats always comment on how addictive they are though.
Couldn't stand the thought of the needles, personally (big girls blouse, eh!?!?):laugh:
Dave.

I cannt wait so much so that yesterday i went in to get my appointment moved forward 10 Days! whooppp Whooop!!!

davemk said:
People that I know who have tats always comment on how addictive they are though.
Ill second tht tbh!!!!

Beerzo said:
i went in to get my appointment moved forward 10 Days!
Woot GL m8, hold on to them scabs aswell btw :p

Got 4 of them, on my chest, inner bicep, left shoulder and bottom of my back.

Hugely addictive!!! Planning another chest on in the near future.

james0808 said:
The other thing you could try is to take some pain killers before you have it done.

I wouldn't recommend doing this as pain killers thin your blood and affect its ability to clot properly. Same as don't drink alcohol before getting 1 done (well at least your first 1!).

Blue_Turbo said:
I wouldn't recommend doing this as pain killers thin your blood and affect its ability to clot properly. Same as don't drink alcohol before getting 1 done (well at least your first 1!).

Now that depends on the type of painkiller.

Why take painkillers then get tattooed?

Kinda defeats the purpose. Like being knocked unconscious then going bungee jumping (which is also awesome).

Just grin and bear it, its not that bad. I guarantee once the artist stops the gun, you'll miss the pain. Or maybe Im just a freak.

Sorry to dig out an old thread, thought i'd stick my great Northern oar into it!

Tattoos don't hurt, if you expect them to hurt like hell, like I did.
All you need to do is breathe, enjoy the feeling, and remember you are paying for this, and want that design! After a session I feel like I have just had a massage (no joke) all light headed, and high.

Im into the process of getting both legs sleeved, and so far I have both big designs (Dragon and Phoenix) done. The only uncomftable bit so far, was the achilles tendon. Ive had my right shin done, which after years of kickboxing, has left me with shins like a skeleton, the needle did some fair old jumping around on the bone lol!

Think long and hard, ive wanted the design im getting for years. Lifetime to live with what you have done.

"chav boy"!!!!!! well sorry Ms Hippy

:moa:

Always fancied getting a tattoo on my back but because I've always had eczema was always worried about the effect the ink would have on me. Had enough trouble with it without trying to add problems.

I do apologise Lottie
I just love when people think they can read you and label you (not you as you were taking the pee Lottie!)
I was made redundant on Monday,the manager called me into the office and asked me how I felt about it expecting a tirade as I have my moments but I said "I'm glad to go and enjoyed the six years" the look on their faces was priceless
Back on Topic..I have two and am having one covered Thursday

I "was" joking, you do know that don't you Voorhees? I've forgotten your name, how bad is that? Is it James
Of course I do Charlotte.......tut tut
Tattoo is being covered as I always hated the one I originally had.

I've just double checked my passport and sorry still no

Put money on someone PM'ed you it

Hey James...or is it Jason...lol...Soz to hear bout the Job, keep your head up, im sure something will turn up soon.

On the topic of Tats, I havent got one, but have always wanted one, its not something fashionable, its something that means something to me, hence me wanting it, i dont think i would get one, just for the sake of it, and I know it must pain, but sometimes if you want something that bad, its worth the pain...

When I was living at home, my parents always said I wasnt allowed, as they were always dead against it, so now im just working on the wifey...lol....although I may just end up doing the good ol' "look what i had done today" ;-)

Oh and Lottie, yep was totally hooked on Miami Ink...there was a spin off that came off it as well wasnt there, UK version and LA version, i think??

I remember seeing a sign in my Tattoo studio....it read.....

I DON'T CARE IF YOU DON'T LIKE TATTOOS, YOU PROBABLY HAVEN'T GOT ANY FRIENDS TO SHOW THEM TO ANYWAY!

Everyone is different, some love them, some hate them. We shouldn't "dis" people with them and we shouldn't "dis" people without them. Each to there own!

p.s...i have 4 and 2 pierced bits!...now thats another can of worms opened!

LA Ink features Kat Von Dee(who is extremely tidy), who worked briefly with the guys at Miami Ink.

London Ink was a spin off unrelated to the others.

Tattoos hurt, but you get used to it. Sorest place I personally have to say was the tricep near the elbow or the collarbone, not much padding there.

Going back to finish a full sleeve at the end of the year.

Wouldn't get one myself but most of my mates have them.

2 of my mates, who are both body builders, are covered and it suits them cos they're both huge with bald heads. One of them actually has one down the side of his head.

Not sure how good they'll look when they're both in their 60's though.....

LA Ink features Kat Von Dee(who is extremely tidy), who worked briefly with the guys at Miami Ink.

London Ink was a spin off unrelated to the others.

Tattoos hurt, but you get used to it. Sorest place I personally have to say was the tricep near the elbow or the collarbone, not much padding there.

Going back to finish a full sleeve at the end of the year.

Kat Von Dee is smoking hot! :hubbahubba: