Caught by the police doind 102mph

That's the problem though, it could be 2 weeks it could be 12 months and anything in between. Just depends on the magistrates on the day. It's a complete lottery.

I was caught racing on a dual carriageway 40 zone doing 76mph racing. I had a 5GT and the other guy had a pug 1.9gti, needless to say it did not look good for us.

Anyway we both went to court at the same time, pleaded guilty, both provided letter's stating we would lose our jobs etc and apologised. No solicitors were involved or legal aid.

We were given a 14 day ban and £120 fine, it also cleaned my existing points when i got my licence back.

Knowing what i know now, i would have kept my mouth shut and contested the Vascar reading, deny everything until you have seen photographic proof.

A 14 day ban does not clean your licence. You have to be banned for 56 days or more to get a clean licence back.

AndyMac said:
A 14 day ban does not clean your licence. You have to be banned for 56 days or more to get a clean licence back.

I'm a little confused if your licence gets cleaned, don't you still have to tell the insurers you've been banned? If so doesn't that make more of a difference than a few points?
in which case wouldn't it be better to get points than a ban and a clean licence?