Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Status
    That's the problem though, it could be 2 weeks it could be 12 months and anything in between. Just depends on the magistrates on the day. It's a complete lottery.

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    I was caught racing on a dual carriageway 40 zone doing 76mph racing. I had a 5GT and the other guy had a pug 1.9gti, needless to say it did not look good for us.

Anyway we both went to court at the same time, pleaded guilty, both provided letter's stating we would lose our jobs etc and apologised. No solicitors were involved or legal aid.

We were given a 14 day ban and 120 fine, it also cleaned my existing points when i got my licence back.

Knowing what i know now, i would have kept my mouth shut and contested the Vascar reading, deny everything until you have seen photographic proof.

3rd Gear

Status
    That's an interesting point of view MingBlu, thank you! And it gives me hope that the mag will by softer with me than maybe I expect.
    To Infinity, and beyond!

Status
    A 14 day ban does not clean your licence. You have to be banned for 56 days or more to get a clean licence back.

A pint of Diesel please!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyMac
    A 14 day ban does not clean your licence. You have to be banned for 56 days or more to get a clean licence back.
    I'm a little confused if your licence gets cleaned, don't you still have to tell the insurers you've been banned? If so doesn't that make more of a difference than a few points?
    in which case wouldn't it be better to get points than a ban and a clean licence?
    LISTEN TO THE Bluehorses THEY ROCK!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12