EM TuningAH Fabrications
    Turbo Sport

Status

Top gear childish?(JC)

The lead presenter of the Top Gear television programme, Jeremy Clarkson, has cast fresh doubts on when the show will be back on air and in what format.

Writing in his Top Gear magazine blog, Clarkson firstly says that the show definitely wont be back on air this summer due to a delayed filming schedule following Richard Hammonds 300mph crash. Clarkson claims the earliest that Top Gear could be back on air is October.
    However, the presenter admits that the programme has evolved away from its original purpose as a car show, saying that the last series was full of us three cocking about, and almost completely devoid of anything you might fairly call a road test. Clarkson then goes on to say that the makers of the programme are at a loss as to how to take the show forward.

While admitting that Top Gear now receives some of the highest viewing figures on the BBC, the series finale attracted 8.6 million viewers, Clarkson agrees with critics that the current programme is an entertainment show for the terminally childish. While he states a desire to exhaustively test more cars in the future, he admits that this is unlikely to attract the sort of audience that wants to, flop down on a Sunday night and watch entertaining telly. For once Motormouth seems rather at a loss and has appealed to the readers of his blog for suggestions on what they would like to see in the next series of Top Gear.

http://cars.uk.msn.com/News/car_news...mentid=4698387
    I bought a convertable in the wettest country in the world who says Scotsmen dont have a sense of humour !

"Lets fire up the Quattro" DCI Gene hunt,,,,,,,ashes to ashes

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    I'm inclined to agree. I'm not saying I want them to review the latest Yugo but I think they've got carried away with doing stunts and those "races". Stick to the reviews and face-offs of supercars, that's what I want to see.

I also like it when they do pieces about older cars; I think I caught a repeat on Sky recently where they did a bit about Jaguar and some of their supercars from the 70s. I really enjoyed that and would like to see more of the historical perspective on cars. Not Model Ts, but legendary, exciting old cars.
    03 A3 (8L) TDi quattro Sport, Aluminium Silver with leather, armrest, cruise, xenons and me at the wheel

5th Gear

Status

6th Gear

Status
    I don't really care much for car programmes on TV but i'll watch topgear if it's on mainly because it's a bunch of blokes ragging the arse off cars i'm never likely to own.

Like Batwad says though, a bit of motoring heritage wouldn't go a miss.
    S4.

Status
    I really don't see what the issue is with TG. It's fantastic entertainment centered around cars, regardless of the lack or inclusion of factual info on the latest models.
    All they need to add is a TopGear+ on BBC3 with all the more serious bits on it.

5th Gear

Status
    ^^^ thats exactly what i thought. TG is great entertainment if they need to do more then they can do a spin off

2009 Suzuki GSXR1000K9 SE in White
    2012 Triumph Speed Triple R in Black
    2012 RS3 in Racing Mica Blue
    2012 A1 TFSI in Misano red (shared with mum)

S55 LKS

Status
    I love top gear but have to admit to thinking the last series was a bit poor in comparison to the last few. A whole show about resurfacing a road, what was that all about..?? The old shows are repeated constantly on Sky but I think they are far better. Maybe the last series was a little flat due to Hammonds accident or something.

They should have a bit more about about tuning on there. Caught a show the other day where they had 3 mini's going head to head, Hartge, JC Works and another one I cant remember. Also the XJS with Nitrous.

Its still a cracking show though and it doesn't put me of having my name down on the waiting list for tickets.
    2004 1.9TDi A4 Avant Sport, GmbH bodykit, DPM Remap, Fishscale Alu trim, RNS-E

Uber Post Whore

Status
    I'll pass on your comments.

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

Brum brum

Status
    I've said before that the format of them messing around makes good TV, but it isn't really a car show. I'd still like to see them doing some proper 'cars that you might buy rather than just dream of' group tests.

Remember, Clarkson left TG before - it survived - just.
    Jason
    2001 Nogaro S3 (daily driver)

1958 replica Porsche 356 Speedster (summer posing)
    1997 Seat Cordoba SX 16v (track day toy) replacing (t)rusty 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi RIP

6th Gear

Status
    You can go and test drive a real car at your local dealership and make your own mind up.

Topgear is all about the cars you will probably never get the chance to drive like you stole it.
    S4.

Brum brum

Status
    I know and point taken.

As someone said earlier, a couple of years ago they did a test of three minis with different tuning options on each of them. An article about real cars that people might buy. A chance for them to test the manufacturers claims and do some real head to head tests.

Three blokes messing around in the US for an hour. Great TV, but not a motoring show.
    Last edited by jcs356; 22nd April 2007 at 11:53.
    Jason
    2001 Nogaro S3 (daily driver)

1958 replica Porsche 356 Speedster (summer posing)
    1997 Seat Cordoba SX 16v (track day toy) replacing (t)rusty 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi RIP

Amusing Tagline

Status
    Audi A6 1.8T Avant

Alfa 156 3.0 V6 Veloce

Turbo Sport

Status
    Pmsl ,
    VERY FUNNY !
    I bought a convertable in the wettest country in the world who says Scotsmen dont have a sense of humour !

Turbo Sport

Status
    quick point , Best of top gear is on NOW!

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    whats wrong with Dire Straits!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

3rd Gear

Status
    Does anyone Know when the new series of Postman Pat is too be Aired ?