Junk Mail ***

I've been doing this for years.

It doesn't work - you still get the junk. Does make you feel better though.

I do this all the time aswell so i don't have to tear up every application they send through so instead i pop it all back into the envelope and post it back to them for them to dispose of it. The most i ever got from one company in one month was 3 credit card applications from barclay card!

On my life, I followed that link, and then followed a link from there to the TPS which is the telephone preference service and I registered my home phone and my mobile phone, and within 2 hours I'd been contacted by carphone to offer me a deal on a new mobile - coincidence????

it takes a while to get registered but if you recieve a call after a week or so, just say "telephone preference service" and they'll soon hang up.

Yeah, think it takes upto 14 days, but it works.
Unless they have you on there books for some reason, like the window company who did our windows and still keeps calling :nunu:

My wife tells them that everytime and they still call!
Window people - intelligence personified :ermm:

The only junk mail i get is always addressed to my ex.

I think women must just sign up to anything.

The TPS only stops 'authorised' companies from calling you.
Not the rogues.

I threatened to contact the TPS when cold called once (after having registered) and the caller told me that they weren't registered and so the TPS opt-out didn't apply to them!

Now I just waste their time or string them on for a while depending on my mood...