Top Gear to Yank the crank(shaft)

batwad

Reaction score
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6539111.stm

"Hit TV show Top Gear could be heading to the US, after the BBC revealed it is in talks to take it over the Atlantic. The Sun newspaper reported that the show will be fronted by current presenters Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May. It said the US show would be the same as the UK version, but focusing on American cars, such as Cadillacs."

Last thing I recall, Clarkson et al love nothing more than to slate American cars. I can't see as that'll go down too well in the Motherland.

it will be like when weakest link went over to the US all over again

I like the fact that the BBC are quoting The Sun, about one of their own productions!!!! Surely the BBC should know more than The Sun????

Unless they're just selling rights to view the old UK shows? They'd have to do a lot of editing though - especially the $1000 challenge! LOL

All the ad breaks in the US are for American cars (during a car show) so the directors will be heavily editing TG's comments as they won't want to upset their sponsors. Usual story Americans take something really good and water it down to nothing (a bit like their beer).