Dog to vets

Stringster

Missed gear
Reaction score
Took my two west highland terriers for a walk this afternoon. They ran off into the woods at one point and we heard one of them yelp - they both come running back and we thought no more of it. As they had both rolled in fox poo I gave them a bath when we got home. Afterwards I sat back just about to enjoy a bottle of wine with Sunday roast on the way and noticed a few spots of blood on one of the dogs. Had a look and there was a big hole in her chest! Looks like she slipped and speared herself with a stick. Big hole that goes down to the muscle and cant believe she wasnt complaing about it.
Trip up to the emergency vets and she needs a GA and a few stitches. Was shocked by the £530 bill though! Will pay for whatever she needs, but it ****** me off how expensive vets are.
Hopefully get her back this evening.

:sign_omg: hope your dog is ok!!! poor thing!

Westie's are pretty tough little dogs, don't be put off by the cute fluffy looks!!!

Never throw your dog a stick to fetch...sticks cause the most serious accidents in dogs.
Hope your doggie is ok now

Thanks for the kind words.
Picked her up this morning and she is fine. 2 internal stitces and two on the surface and a couple of drains. No serious damage.
Smitch - agree that Westies are very tough little dogs!

im always worried about stuff like this happening to my boxer

she comes out of the forests with the BIGGEST sticks - more like logs

im not joking lol

my ex-bird's old springer lost his eye chasing a stick i think - my dog is that nuts she would prob do the same thing!

but dont talk to me about vet bills - all i will say is thank god for pet insurance!! they must hate us!