anyone into cricket

Well it don't look like the Windys are going to win :)

If I was going to have a bet I would say India ;)

England should get through the group but that's as far as they will go!

Australia v Scotland tomorrow :jester:

i enjoy watching the world cup, think india have a very high chance of winning,

Pakistan all the way saying that England are unpredicatable what with the firing force of Bell, Peiterson and Freddie

On the basis of people who can actually hit runs quickly, I think NZ might do surprisingly well, but that SA will win it.

Cricket......Yawwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnn........is it still going on, 500 days later???

There's a world cup????

Does it look like this.........

000352.jpg

Personally i think it will be a repeat final Oz v India. The indians will bottle it again and won't be up for the challenge. :-(

Still nice to see there is a mix of views, keep em comin!

smitch, as usual nice input :-0

silver75 said:
it would be less ****

That's rich comin from someone who thought that fella come bird from the big brother looked good. lol :0

turning out to be a interesting one, a death (RiP bob) shock exit for the pakistani team, the indian team and Flintoff gettin their :asskicking:

pav-g said:
Pakistan all the way saying that England are unpredicatable what with the firing force of Bell, Peiterson and Freddie

Didnt Pakistan get sent home by the Irish?

New Zealand are the in form team that can take this world cup home, only them and the Aussies that can seriously contend for it, India are not as good as everyone believes they are and England are just farcical to say the least.

Nevermind the ECB will have Flintoff behaving like a good englishman shud, so i say Freddie, stick the two fingers at the ol farts from the ECB and keep the drinks coming :respekt:

A bit of an aside but what the heck is a "powerplay" in cricket?? Is this a new thing for this World Cup?

TDI said:
turning out to be a interesting one

a bit of an understatement now they know poor Bob was murdered

MikeHiggs said:
A bit of an aside but what the heck is a "powerplay" in cricket?? Is this a new thing for this World Cup?

Powerplay

This refers to the new fielding restrictions rule. In the past, there was a 15-over period at the start of an innings when only two fielders were allowed outside the 30-yard circle. This will now apply to the first 10 overs of every innings, in addition to two blocks of five overs (Powerplays), which will be used at the discretion of the fielding captain.

Powerplay 1 covers the first 10 overs of an innings where the fielding restrictions are exactly the same as per the old ODI rules. Two fielders have to be in close catching position.

Powerplay 2 represents the first block of five overs. The fielding captain has to decide at which point he wishes to implement this rule. He can implement it at any stage in the match, provided he informs the umpire. Only two fielders are allowed outside the 30-yard circle and the two close catchers are not mandatory in this case.

Similarly Powerplay 3 represents the second block of five overs.

The umpire will signal Powerplay by moving his arm in a circular motion.

It's not that new, probably at least a year now.