help me choose a colour scheme for project mini!!

nky_84

6th Gear
Reaction score
Currently building a road legal sprint car out of a classic mini. Spent the last month or so building it back up from a bare shell but im struggling with a colour combo. Main criteria being it has to look FAST and a little in your face, and not look too road car boring, oh and no pink!

It just dawned on me that since i love nogaro blue and hopefully getting a noggy s3 soon, that it would look sooo kool and cheesy at the circuit with both my noggies beside each other :yahoo:

Dont know if my photoshop skills are up to colour matching nogaro blue tho.

heres a few previous efforts of mates minis that ive chopped myself, any suggestions/oppionions would be great!

bodge.jpg

lambo2copy.jpg

i guess this is not far away from noggy
blueMin.jpg

blackGold2.jpg

stickers-1.jpg

have a few more, but they are even more rushed that these, so look total crap

thanks

nick

Sorry side tracked there, i also love British racing green with chrome mirrors and pipping on the outside with some fat mini lites??????

I know you said some crazy colours but some classic colours would look good too!

TDI said:
What lump in the engine bay?

looks like a C20XE to me.... running some crazy air filter setup!!!!

heres my beasty!

being towed to castle combe by my mums TDI:
gallery_168_26_114198.jpg

In the drive, the day i bought the Audi:
gallery_168_26_63070.jpg

god i miss that car! the audi is comfy and nippy enough.....

but nothing can compare to a 1380 A-series 5-port screaming to 8k in 3rd, with the SCCR box and SC drops whining away 6'' from your left foot!

Prawn said:

heres my beasty!

gallery_168_26_63070.jpg

but nothing can compare to a 1380 A-series 5-port screaming to 8k in 3rd, with the SCCR box and SC drops whining away 6'' from your left foot!

Looks good Mate

I love driving my Mini only got a stage 1 1275gt lump in it...but it does go very well for what it is

I'm doing the london to Brighton on 25/5 in my Mini, can't wait

There is something very special about driven a mini that I have never got from any other car

no, its a feeling totally unlike anything else!

my lowly 1380 puts out around 115bhp, and although by modern terms its not super quick, the sound it makes is incredible!

lap times wise, if anyones been around castle combe in anything, i managed to lap combe in my mini in 1:27 dead, which seems to compare well to many other cars.

it may not be the fastest car on the planet, but my god, its by FAR the most fun, and most rewarding to drive!

on combe i managed to put it totally sideways at 100mph following an extreme mighty mini into quarry....

that was an experience i will NEVER forget!

Prawn said:
its a feeling totally unlike anything else!

Too true

my lowly 1380 puts out around 115bhp, and although by modern terms its not super quick, the sound it makes is incredible!

It does feel funny driven the mini for a few days then jumping back into the RS

it may not be the fastest car on the planet, but my god, its by FAR the most fun, and most rewarding to drive!

It feels like the fast thing in the world though...70mph feels like 120mph!

They are great and looking forward to the summer when I will be getting the mini out again to play

do you every look on tmf?

yea ive been a mamber on TMF sinse almost the vey beginning, im member 168 i think,so quite old school!

also a member on mini mania, and minifinity.

to be honest, ive not spent much time on there in the last 6 months. sinse getting the audi as my dailly driver, and comming to uni, ive not had much time for the poor mini!

should be going on placement in july though, and getting some more cash in!

the mini has a new set of carbs to go on, and need a new cam and head to match!

hoping to push output to 130bhp for castle combe in september!

130bhp!!!
My cousin has got a raced 1380 which should give 112bhp and that is meant to be going in july time!! if I get time and permission from the other half that is :)

TMF is not a bad site, I pop on there every so often...went to ACE cafe 2 weeks ago and that was great there.

Got the headlamps out at the mo thinking of fitting a xenon kit to it with angel eyes but not sure so going to experiment abit first

heres my beasty!

Yup its an ex touring car engine 2.1l Vauxhaul xe 16v on throttle bodies good for 260bhp im told but its just insane on track very sorted car nothing can keep up round combe

Your Beasty is lovey :hubbahubba:

Wish i still had a mini sold mine 4 years ago and miss it so much :sorry:

i hot about gulf colours a while ago, but i came to the conclusion that it should stay on the likes of gt40's an Porsches etc.

loving that black gt, 260brake must me a handfull, good luck puttin that kinda power down! Id have that cover off so u can see the throttle bodies!!

Im not a fan of racing green an chrome bits to be honest, it was a mini30 so HAD lots of chrome bits, in the bin now.

Loving the orange machine marmite! might end up doing something similar with a bit of black in themix to mean it up a little.

prawns 1380 sounds pretty bitchen, doesnt look too far from standard too, my mates racing a red one this season too, so red is out.

Im on minifinity mainly as this is my first mini, so im learning as i go.

the mini 30 your pulling a part isn't a Dark red one with HOP on the plate is it? (Still searching for my old Thirty)

Prawn said:

heres my beasty!

gallery_168_26_63070.jpg

can't see the pictures matey?? :-(

I use to have a few mini years ago, i rebuilt a 1275GT from shell up it was resprayed british racing green with the chrome trim and a metro turbo engine bored out with stage head and twin delettro (hope thats spelt correctly) carbs that came through the dash with the K&N silver filter. good old days playing around with the renault 5 turbo and bmw 325 didn't know what hit em :)

marmite said:
There is something very special about driven a mini that I have never got from any other car

It might be something to do with it being a pocket rocket, plus the fact that no matter how hard you go around the corner it still holds and with a Hilo lowering kit it was even more deadly on bends.