Halfords body shop!!!!

MikeS4

MikeS4
Reaction score
Just popped down to my local Halfords for some oil & noticed signs advertising their new body repair service, claiming it could be up to 75% cheaper then a garage.
So i decided to get a quote to repair a 2" scratch/crack on my bumper.
I was originally quoted £190 by a body shop to remove & respary the whole front bumper but Halfords quoted me £65!!!
The difference is that Halfords would repair & touch-up the damaged area only. They claim there would be no telling that it had been repaired & also give 3 years guarantee.
Sounds very cheap, anyone tried them?

never heard of this - maybe just a mainland thing at the minute

i know i wouldnt trust any halfrauds employee in my local one lol

i shall investigate!

Sounds ****** cheap, if you get a 3 yr guarantee you can't lose.

I'd give it a go, what they'll more than likely do is buff down the area, spray it and blend it in a bit, then relacquer the whole bumper, which will make it less noticable

alot of bodyshops can do this for you but usually they'll want to respray the lot as its easier to get the finish.

Give it a go and let us know how it turns out!

I wonder if they've just contracted in someone like chipsaway? It would make sense from a business point of view, little investment on halfords behalf, and a great source of jobs for the mobile body repairer....

I'm gonna give them a go when i get back from my hols, let you know the results....

depend on the final qaulity of the work, I'd be very wary of it dude!!!

possibly similar to chipsaway, give it a go, if it turns out wrong, dont pay for it, and you would be having to pay the £190 anyway to the bodyshop to fix the bumper in the end :)

I can see it now, they are going to mix your paint colour with their advanced 65'000 colour match system, and apply it on your car with spray cans and budget wet and dry lol, best £65 you have spent - Not! :no:

I've seen the adverts in the shops. Just looks to me that they are setting up a rival to chips away / dent master.

I'd contact a local detailer, and see if they think they can machine polish it out for you, i know alot of scratches can be.

Oh another company doing smart repairs

I have seen so many of these people come and go and try and paint a car in a car park in cold/hot weather.....not ideal and the finish is crap

It might look ok for abit then it looks crap after a while.

Mike I know a few good people that could help you...£65 is a smart repair only

My mate owns the Audi approved bodyshop and he might be able to help you out, they do locals but in the oven..PM if you want