Classifieds rant, is it just me or GRRRR!!!!

JayB5UK

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does it really pi$$ anyone else off when you have a look and they are just ****** full of dealers taking the micky?!

Such as Pistonheads, just had a look, used to be a few A4's (doing muy research preparing to sell) and now there are 5 pages of them, mainly said stealers all up for massive dollar. Findit.co.uk is the same for prestige makes, the odd guy like us, then loads and loads for £15k plus from one skinflint outlet.

You can afford the advertising to get a website, or pay for the Trader or Exchange & Mart, ***!!!

RANT OVER

Yes there are loads of dealer with adds everywhere!

As long as there are all selling the cars 1K-2K above what your going to sell it can only be a good thing IMO ;)

It's like Ebay - no way of filtering out the ****** classified ads from your searches. Very annoying!

Exactly, I just feel they should ban business from the free classifieds sites.

Yeah, but hang on a minute...

IF you buy from a dealer, you are buying with more confidence than if you bought privately. Firstly, all vehicles will have had the full HPI check, plus you'll get a warranty for at least 3 months - so at least you've got some comeback if anything goes wrong.

Also, you'll be able to negotiate on the price of the car you are going to buy if you are part-exchanging and you'll be able to get competitive finance (if you need it).

So I think there is a place for dealers to advertise within the classifieds (and I'm not a dealer and never have been).

Tim Stuart said:
Yeah, but hang on a minute...

IF you buy from a dealer, you are buying with more confidence than if you bought privately. Firstly, all vehicles will have had the full HPI check, plus you'll get a warranty for at least 3 months - so at least you've got some comeback if anything goes wrong.

Also, you'll be able to negotiate on the price of the car you are going to buy if you are part-exchanging and you'll be able to get competitive finance (if you need it).

So I think there is a place for dealers to advertise within the classifieds (and I'm not a dealer and never have been).

Only if they ****** pay! GRR