Chris NottEM Tuning
    2nd Gear

Status

Classifieds rant, is it just me or GRRRR!!!!

Is it just me, or does it really pi$$ anyone else off when you have a look and they are just bloody full of dealers taking the micky?!

Such as Pistonheads, just had a look, used to be a few A4's (doing muy research preparing to sell) and now there are 5 pages of them, mainly said stealers all up for massive dollar. Findit.co.uk is the same for prestige makes, the odd guy like us, then loads and loads for 15k plus from one skinflint outlet.

You can afford the advertising to get a website, or pay for the Trader or Exchange & Mart, FFS!!!

RANT OVER
    2001 VW Passat 130 TDi Sport 6 Speed
    1999 Honda CBR900RR-X FIREBLADE

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Yes there are loads of dealer with adds everywhere!

As long as there are all selling the cars 1K-2K above what your going to sell it can only be a good thing IMO

1st Gear

Status
    It's like Ebay - no way of filtering out the bloody classified ads from your searches. Very annoying!
    A million-mile fall from grace; thank God we missed the ground

2nd Gear

Status
    Exactly, I just feel they should ban business from the free classifieds sites.

1st Gear

Status
    Yeah, but hang on a minute...

IF you buy from a dealer, you are buying with more confidence than if you bought privately. Firstly, all vehicles will have had the full HPI check, plus you'll get a warranty for at least 3 months - so at least you've got some comeback if anything goes wrong.

Also, you'll be able to negotiate on the price of the car you are going to buy if you are part-exchanging and you'll be able to get competitive finance (if you need it).

So I think there is a place for dealers to advertise within the classifieds (and I'm not a dealer and never have been).
    Black 2.0TDi 140 Sportback S-Line

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Stuart
    Yeah, but hang on a minute...

IF you buy from a dealer, you are buying with more confidence than if you bought privately. Firstly, all vehicles will have had the full HPI check, plus you'll get a warranty for at least 3 months - so at least you've got some comeback if anything goes wrong.

Also, you'll be able to negotiate on the price of the car you are going to buy if you are part-exchanging and you'll be able to get competitive finance (if you need it).

So I think there is a place for dealers to advertise within the classifieds (and I'm not a dealer and never have been).
    Only if they bloody pay! GRR