****** WICKED!

JayB5UK

Reaction score
Not only is it Friday, (!) but I found out I got over a Grand back from Nat West from re-claimed Bank Charges today!!!!!!!

I AM A BIT HAPPY!

JayB5UK said:
Not only is it Friday, (!) but I found out I got over a Grand back from Nat West from re-claimed Bank Charges today!!!!!!!

I AM A BIT HAPPY!

rather silly paying them in the first place lol but well done

Andy101 said:
Waiting on an answer from Barclays !!

I may have missed something herre, I'm with Barclays what you waiting for ??

You can claim back all bank charges for the past six years if they do not represent the loss incurred to the bank. ie they charged you £30 for using your card when you were over your overdraft limit five years ago. It did not cost the bank £30. That's a bit unfair so you can now claim it back. Read the link and treat yourself to something nice !!

http://www.which.co.uk/reports_and_...it/Bank charges/what_you_can_do_559_74997.jsp

Thing that get's me with this, is surely the Banks are going to want to get this money back in some way, so they'll only start charging for other things, like using a differnet cash machine again!

i wish i had been charged more than once, would have been a nice savings account, i could do with the money.

Mart said:
Thing that get's me with this, is surely the Banks are going to want to get this money back in some way, so they'll only start charging for other things, like using a differnet cash machine again!

Yeah, Banks will make up the costs somehow, probably by applying charges for using your account even when in credit, it will end up that the people who never ever got charges on their account as they managed it well will end up paying for the people who incurred the charges in the first place.

Anyway at least you got them back which is good for your pocket.

Hmmm I'll have to try this somwhen... who do you address the letters to? "The bank manager" @ your account branch or somthing>?

TDI-line said:
Nice result.

Did they make you shut your account down?

No, but I did anyway, kept using the O/D for emergencies - beer & motorbike parts mainly!

Rich said:
Hmmm I'll have to try this somwhen... who do you address the letters to? "The bank manager" @ your account branch or somthing>?

go to www.moneysavingexpert.com and look for the re-claim part, there are template letters on there, piece of cake. Make sure you used Special Delivery or at least recorded delivery so you know when the letters made it there.

RESULT :yes: Barclays have offered to cough up in full. To be honest I was a little suspect about it all until I got their letter. For info, they did not request I close the account. Get ou there and do it. A handsome return on the price of a first class stamp. :o.k:

S3tony said:
i wish i had been charged more than once, would have been a nice savings account, i could do with the money.

You do realise that it is your money that they returned rather than giving you 'free' money as a bonus?

Being charged more only means that you would have been more out of pocket just for them to return it (-interest)...

:readit:

But they pay lost interest at 8% - You getting that at your bank ?