Is there a vet in the house?

just all of a sudden or did you find her somewhere like this?

could possibly have had a knock from a car or the likes :S

best take her to a doc on call or the likes

It just seemed to develop overnight, definatly no knocks or broken bones. She went to the vet an has had an injection buts its made her worse and now one of her legs is completely numb. All flimsy, cold and she can't move it.

her leg is cold? thats very serious as it would suggest no blood flow to the appendage. is she old?

She was a rescue cat so i'm not 100% sure. I think she's about 8. I was thinking it might be some sort of blood flow problem. :ermm:

I had a cat like that, suddenly lost use of her back legs. Can happen randonly, went to Vet's (expensive), was just one of those things, tried to get them to work again, by massaging for 2 weeks. No luck, so put her down.

That might be the route i have to go down :( , will take her back to the vet tommorow and see what they suggest.

Cheers guys.

LottieA3 used to be a vet nurse, she maybe able to help.....

i know its a different animal but i had a house rabbit a while ago that had the same problem. vet gave him an injection and said to keep an eye on him but he started fitting and died within a few hours, it was awful. i'd get back on to the vets and say that she's not getting better. i reckon it was a stroke or seziure, he was only 2yrs old. i still wonder if it was the injection that made him worse.

Hope she is ok Buddy
Always an upsetting moment when your pet is sick, they rely on us to help and care for them so much
Get her down the Vet and see what they say
Good Luck

She can't feel her legs at all so when she walks they just drag behind her. It's horrible to watch. I've felt all the way along her legs and she didn't even notice i was doing it. No broken bones, lost a lot of weight and muscle though. It's almost as if rigamortis has set in even her tail seems to be limp.

She managed to find her way outside while i was at work but she didn't find her way in. Had to hunt around in the dark to find her.

That doesn't sound very good mate. I heard what Lottie had to say but in my experience of pets if it was a urinary (kidneys) failure, then its usually preceeded by the animal ******* itself everywhere often and its normally systematic ie it happens over time not as quick as you described.

Its more likely that your cat has had some sort of rear injury like falling off something or being hit by a car or worse some tosspot kid etc.

One of my cats got literally run over in front of my girlfriend, he managed to crawl away even though he'd been actually run over and didn't make a sound. It was the most awful and harrowing experience I have ever had with a pet, we had to get him put to sleep as it had smashed his pelvis and internal organs.

If I were you, i'd get your cat to the vet right now, the fact its not making any noise doesn't mean she's not in agony, i'm sure you wouldn't want that, if you have insurance it will cover it, get them to x-ray and get her sorted asap.

Mate i'm thinkin about ya as this is so horrible, I cried for a few days after my boy was gone. Get her looked at.

OMG sorry to hear that Rj. Don't know what to say, but I'm thinking of you both. Hope she gets better!

Sorry to here your news Bud feel for ya, downside of animal ownership I'am afraid, no further advice than others keep inside and warm down to vets asap.
Hope outcome which ever way it goes is quick take care.

**** man, really hope your cat gets better,

feel for you, having to watch your cat not use her legs

good luck mate

Really feel for you mate. Lost my dog bruno in may of last year with very similar syptoms. Hardest thing i've ever had to do letting him go, but it was more painful to me to let him soldier on knowing he was suffering.

best wishes

We lost our cat of 16 years a few months back - it was terrible - he was **** of the neighbourhood (inc dogs) until he was about 14 and then developed arthritis in his back legs too. We had almost a year of him not really being able to look after himself and he became quite knotty which isn't too great on a white long haired Persian! He never seemed distressed and was playful up to a point however in the end you could tell he'd lost quite a lot of his fight and my folks ended up taking him to the vet who recommended he was put down - really sad day.
If it is arthritis, there is medication but your cat seems a little young for that
Really feel for you - could it be some sort of temporary paralysis?

A4Quattro said:
That doesn't sound very good mate. I heard what Lottie had to say but in my experience of pets if it was a urinary (kidneys) failure, then its usually preceeded by the animal ******* itself everywhere often and its normally systematic ie it happens over time not as quick as you described.

Its more likely that your cat has had some sort of rear injury like falling off something or being hit by a car or worse some tosspot kid etc.

I'm not so up on animals, but I know Lottie and she has spent years as a vet nurse so I know she knows what she's talking about.
Either way, you need to get your kitty to a vet asap.

I'd get back onto the vet today if i was you, you will feel gutted if he turns around tomorrow and says you really should have brought her back yesterday

Took her back this morning and it turns out there must have been some sort of embolism cutting off the circulation to her legs and tail. Vet said there was a chance of her surviving but she might lose her legs. So i made the hard decision of getting her put down. She went very peacefully with her dignity intact so i think we made the right decision.

Thanks for the support :icon_thumright:

I knew that sounded like a blood supply problem, I should be a vet. Sorry to hear the bad news mate, but you did the right thing.

Get yourself another kitten and give it all the love thats now misplaced, it will help enormously.

Sorry to hear that. Definitely a tough call but the right one given the risks mate.

:crying: Oh mate i really feel for you i've got two cats one was diagnosed with kidney failure and the vet gave him 2 weeks at the outside.

That was 3 years ago and he's still soldiering on although he's quite thin and drinks a lot of water. He eats well tho' and the vet says when he stops being interested in food then it will prolly be curtains.

Random sorry to hear your news mate, Its not a easy choice to make and your probably wonder for ages if you made the right one, I know I do for my first dog and that must be 13 odd years ago, but if the vet had explained everything to you, it looks like you made the right choice in this case.

Soz for your loss

Really bad news mate, sorry to hear it:sorry:. Think you made the right decision - sometimes the most painful outcome for you is the best one for them. All the best fella...

Awww sorry to hear that Rj. You made the right choice. She's moved on to a better place now.

Chin up buddy, you made the right choice
Are you going to get another cat buddy??

Yea seems to quiet without one if you know what i mean. Might get a kitten this time so i can bring it up and teach it stuff :happy: . Will give it a few months until i get another though.

I know how you feel, tough call, but the right one.
Another is the way forward