Sky InsuranceChris Nott
    S3 Drift King!

Status

Funny Neighbours?

Upon returning home from work about 20 minutes ago, so 12.15AM, I noticed my neghbours (opposite) Jaguar was parked right accross the road, so preventing any cars going through basically, but I managed to to get my car on my drive by cheekily driving over a bit of my next door neigbours drive. So after dropping all my stuff in the house, I was pondering wether to pop over at this crazy hour to let them know, as all their lights seems to be on. Now around 12.20, I decide to walk over to let them know and a Taxi van comes trudling along but stops, as the Jag is obviously blocking it, so I tell the driver to wait, i'm getting their attention. It's at this point, the Taxi van doors slide open, and the occupants wants to know what i'm doing to 'their' car lol, it's raining over here, and I'm wearing a long raincoat with a hood over my head, so it's not looking good for me at this moment in time. After removing my hood, they realised who I was, and I told them I think their car had somehow rolled off their drive, but they was in a bit of a druken state, and man of the house just casually hopped into the car and drove it back to the top of his drive?!
    At this point, I simply strolled back into my house with no acknoledgement or thanks for popping over from the couple opposite, my good deed of the day.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Should have done a Mr whippy on the bonnet and chuckled yourself to sleep

28v6

Youre Dethpicable!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Onlyme
    Should have done a Mr whippy on the bonnet and chuckled yourself to sleep
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, only u would think of that mate
    2002 S3 BAM | Jabba Re-Map | Uprated Haldex | Koni adjustable coilovers | Neuspeed ARBs | Powerflex Bushes | ECS tie-bars | Dog bone | Eibach spacers | TTDA | T'Dynamics DV | Dieselgeek short shift | Toyos | MIJ Custom Exhaust | Sound system | Security Tints |

Audi S3-BAM

Brum brum

Status
    Went to a seat club meet in Reading last Sunday. Parked the cars up at the pub car park all facing slightly down hill, with nothing in front except the car park road (not enough space to park opposite us), the kerb, a tree, and the river. We went inside for our meal, came out and there was a black Ibiza parked in front of us. Immediate reaction was - wonder who it was that had joined us - but perhaps they'd seen 7 Seats in a row and thought they would join us.

When we got a bit closer we realised it was Don's car - and it had rolled forward by about 20feet stopping when it hit the kerb. Good job there was a kerb, otherwise it would have rolled into the river. He'd had a new handbrake cable fitted and was told that it would only need to be put on the first click.

I think there is a tale in here - if you leave your car a on a slope, always leave it in gear. But then more importantly remember to press the clutch when you start it.
    Jason
    2001 Nogaro S3 (daily driver)

1958 replica Porsche 356 Speedster (summer posing)
    1997 Seat Cordoba SX 16v (track day toy) replacing (t)rusty 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi RIP

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jcs356

I think there is a tale in here - if you leave your car a on a slope, always leave it in gear. But then more importantly remember to press the clutch when you start it.
    I always park in gear, regardless of where I am, but on a hill, I generally put it into Revers if I'm facing downwards and 1st if I'm facing upwards... better to roll up the hill if you forget the clutch huh?

My BM is fixed!

Status
    i remember something like this that happened to a friend of mine who lives in Abridge, essex. There is a Shell garage and associated mechanics/car dealers next door, which is dead opposite my friends house (on the A113 london road).
    A Jaguar parked on their sloping forecourt rolled down their forecourt, across a main road, down my friends drive and into their house demolishing their porch and destroying their new oven which was in the porch waiting to be fitted. how incredible...
    Chris

The problem with common sense, is that its not that common.

See my images @
    http://www.christianfrench.co.uk

Own a dreaded BMW? http://www.bmw-sport.net

6th Gear
    Candy Tetris Champion, Mahjong Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo
    .. I simply strolled back into my house with no acknoledgement or thanks for popping over from the couple opposite, my good deed of the day.
    hope your feeling better Joe... maybe you should've on his windscreen!
    "Swallow your pride occasionally, it's not fattening." - Frank Tyger
    "Avoid making irrevocable decisions while tired or hungry." - Robert Heinlein

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Well.. they seemed to have disappeared, not seen their jag for the whole of yesterday, and it's not out there now? Maybe they moved lol.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo
    Well.. they seemed to have disappeared, not seen their jag for the whole of yesterday, and it's not out there now? Maybe they moved lol.
    Or someone **** on there bonnet & they now park the car in the garage.

P.S you owe me a audisport-net sticker for a job well done

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Nope, it's back, and on their drive... it's a steep drive, so lucky it didn't roll far enough to hit my cars!

Status
    One of our managers at work has a 53-plate Mazda RX8, and one evening it rolled off his driveway into rush hour traffic! Amazingly no-one hit it, but as he quickly tried to get it started to move it, the damn thing flooded its engine (a common RX8 problem), so some helpful motorists had to help push it!
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

Uber Post Whore

Status
    A new substance i've discovered in my travels is a compound found in a double section silicon cartridge.

The 2 substances, on there own, useless. But mix them together, well just be somewhere else. The stuff sets like steel! Good for locks. he he.

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :