What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defratos

You’re Dethpicable!!
Reaction score
Website
00626e1.netsolhost.com
Right so I'm in a bit of a dilemma. My bro has had 9 points on his license for about a year and a half now. I've always been on his case for driving fast but I dunno he just doesn't listen to me, especially if I'm in the car.

So now the dilemma, I've got 0 points on my license, and I'd like to keep it that way. Recently he received a speeding fine, doing MPH in a 30mpn zone, now whats the worst he could get? because he's been asking if I could say I was the driver and take the points on my license, what I wanted to ask is:

How long would the points stay on my license?

Would he be banned if he takes the extra points onto of his points?

Would it affect my insurance?

and finally what would you do if your older (by a year and one month) sibling did this? :asskicking:

Personally, having lost my licence in the past for being a tw@t, I would say, let him take the points and face the consequences. It sure taught me a lesson. Same goes for other people I know too.

I believe under 'totting - up' you can only get a maximum on 12 points in any 3 year period. whether the 12th point is a ban or the 13th, I am unsure, although I imagine its the 12th. Also, I'm pretty sure its a re-test situation, rather than a ban, but I'm sure someone will correct me soon!

(Let him take it, it may be the only way he learns. Yes your insurance will be affected if you take the points)

I'd point and laugh if that was anyone i know, you live and learn.

I lost my licence 13 years ago for DD, that's why i don't do it any more.

If he's got any sense he'll learn from it, if not, he deserves it.

if you take the points they will be on your licence for 3yrs, but cant be removed til the end of the 4th year. If you get caught trying to take the points on his behalf, (and i know people who have been caught) you are likley to get a much much larger fine and at least double the points.
If he takes the points himself he will prob get a ban for ' totting up' to 12 points. This ban however can be as little as 1mth depending on circumstances. Have heard of cases where the ban is short as the person was prepared to pay a larger fine.

If it was me.....i wouldnt take the points. You never know when you are going to be unluck and get some of your own. Let him take them, pay a big fine, have a short ban and start again....

3 points will make no difference to your insurance, I've got 9 for speeding on mine and have had for years, I keep loosing 3 and then gaining another 3.

But more to the point what your asking is obviously illegal and the threads been locked!

J.

Status
Not open for further replies.