6.6" Width Restrictions with high curbs

A3_3.2_S-Line

Reaction score
I hate 6.6" Width Restrictions with high curbs!!!!!

Whats the point in having posts for markers if the curbs are within the markers!?

I curbed a wheel the other day on such a curb and I have to say i wasn't a happy bunny.

In my old car MG ZR 1.8 (it was a perfect package for me when I was 19) I went past these restrictions without slowing down. But now I have turned into a little old granny and I have to say its getting embarrassing.

I think the A3 is partly to blame as I can never tell where the passenger corner of the bonnet ends.

or

it could just be my being crap.

Please be gentle...:sorry:

ohhh dear - perhaps it is the age... spacial awareness is going!
Just kidding.... there are some particularly narrow sets in west london (Hogarth Roundabout fly over and Hammersmith bridge) and I have to say I have to breath in and pray!
:)

I have to drive through a very similar-sized narrow gap to get into the business park where I work, and every time I cringe as I go through, hoping the wheels are okay - so you're not alone!

A3_3.2_S-Line said:
I think the A3 is partly to blame as I can never tell where the passenger corner of the bonnet ends.

or

it could just be my being crap.
You are not alone! Although some people on here have advocated rear parking sensors, I find no problem reversing in to gaps (yet!) but often get out in supermarket parking bays to find the front end further out than i had estimated - luckily no scrapes yet! :faint: