Volks AutosChris Nott
    Post Whore

Status

I've just bought...

A 1980 BMW M535i for a track car... Pure Straight six and some 218 horses with rollerskates on!

WIll post pics soon...

I got it for Ł100 but needs some welding done, it failed its MOT but the things it has failed on I will just remove from the car as it will be stripped for track racing anyways. I would say around Ł2k's worth of work will need to be done... Project Legacy M5 is underway
    BMW 330d M Sport Coupe | 280BHP | Le Mans Blue | Blck Boston Leather | iPod USB Interface | blah blah blah
    BMW 123d M Sport Coupe | 254BHP | Titanium Silver | Blck Boston Leather | iPod USB Interface | blah blah blah

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Nice choice!

It'll be a costly machine for track use though

I had a 535i sport, later model (G reg?) - cracking car!

Post Whore

Status
    I agree David - it will be costly on the track lol - the bloody thing drinks more fuel than the Veyron and I only drove it around the block... a few times...quite hard...very hard in fact but anyways...!
    BMW 330d M Sport Coupe | 280BHP | Le Mans Blue | Blck Boston Leather | iPod USB Interface | blah blah blah
    BMW 123d M Sport Coupe | 254BHP | Titanium Silver | Blck Boston Leather | iPod USB Interface | blah blah blah

5th Gear

Status
    Good luck.
    In my personal opinion

Turbo Sport

Status
    Sounds like your going to have FUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!
    I bought a convertable in the wettest country in the world who says Scotsmen dont have a sense of humour !

"Lets fire up the Quattro" DCI Gene hunt,,,,,,,ashes to ashes

S3 Drift King!

Status
    I reckon your 120d will lap a track quicker.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - ÂŁ400

Post Whore

Status
    It probably would JoJo. Thing is I have never really wanted to take my car on the track for obvious reasons; The original M5 just looks at home on the track (Nurburg ring?) and has more than enough horses to tackle the finer twists and turns, straights etc of most tracks.

I wasnt looking for lap times but more enjoyment of having a rear wheel car, straight six with a certain amount of poke that I wouldnt be too upset if I was to make some school boy errors on the track.

Once the car is done its gonna be awsome...

Stripped out, welded, roll cage, maybe a respray in white with the original Blue and red M power go faster stripes down the side...

Its a E28 M5 so I stand corrected it did have 286BHP but I think 218BHP would be more appropriate now seeing as its a getleman ;p

Uber Post Whore

Status
    Is your surname May James?

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

Status
    Awesome - if I had the space, I'd love to buy a second car for trackdays. Keep us posted with the progress as it takes shape!
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

BrianM

Status
    Is it and M5 or M535 Sport? Sounds more like the later..which is good for cost but lower on hp of course...but good fun with rwd.

Amusing Tagline

Status
    Well it wouldn't be an M5, unless its an import, as there wasn't one available over here until the E34. The E28 was an M535, which (even beyond the Kane Dingle look) are awesome cars!
    Audi A6 1.8T Avant

Alfa 156 3.0 V6 Veloce

Post Whore

Status
    Dunno its badged up as an M5... Log book shows 3.5 litres and its a M535i... Either way its a gorgeous car.

Amusing Tagline

Status
    Yup! Good choice. You gonna post some pics? Let the Audi Loyalists on here have a moan!?!
    Audi A6 1.8T Avant

Alfa 156 3.0 V6 Veloce

Post Whore

Status
    its in East Grisntead at the moment mate; I have to arrange a trailer to pick it up for home as its not really road worthy (although I did have a few cheeky laps of fun around the block - it was unadulterated to say the least!) as said it needs some work to make it track safe and then some for Road use... WIll post pics soon - I will more than likley keep some sort of Blog with pics that you guys can reference if your intrested on the work progress etc...

Post Whore

Status
    An idea of what I would expect to see if I go down a re-spray route, some people may like the Alpina white look with M power colour scheme, some may not but this in my opinion rocks.

Post Whore

Status
    It's home at my parents garage for now as I have more contacts in the south East so the work will be undertaken in and around there unless I find some good mecahnics in the south West!

Linky for the restoration project... enjoy!

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...d=1#post324546

Topper Harley

Status
    I must admit, I do like the Alpina/M power colour scheme. Looks awesome