AmD gone bust? Bicester no longer open

mjsewell

Reaction score
Oh ballcocks, I've just heard AmD have gone bust and been bought up by Big Boys Toys. Bicester workshop is now closed. Was due to go to them in a couple of weeks for a remap and an RS4 rear anti-roll bar.

Will this affect the site in anyway? Do AmD still own the Audi-Sport.net domain?

Indeed, they have gone down today, and are currently being bought out by BBT. They didn't tell any of their agents / sub dealers either!! Not a good move at all...

mjsewell said:
Will this affect the site in anyway? Do AmD still own the Audi-Sport.net domain?

I think it was moved away from AmD when the site was refreshed a year or so ago - Olly K will know for sure.

Hey? What When??? :crying:

I even heard a rumour that Milltek owned 50% of AMD. Is that rubbish?

OK, guys, lets clarify a few things here. Audi-Sport.net has never been part of AmD.

This site is not going anywhere at all. Things have never been better with the site and it will keeping getting better. The new classifieds section is proving popular and hopefully the online store will take off too.

No need to start posting "backup your threads" etc as there is no need. This site will be around for a long time yet !

Thank god cant handle all of this yesterday i thought my computer was getting raped from styleinnovation.......lol

Glad this site will remain and it's not linked to AmD... One of the best forums - well done to the admin guys and of course one and all. (who is the original owner of the forum..?)

anyway - Now AmD are under new management, hopefully this will be a good thing to finally get back some of the original expertise. I used these guys in the past, but in the last year things have gone right down hill. I've found some of the original AmD guys who left and am now going to them.

Olly_K - now I know where I have seen your car before....!

EnzoS4 said:
Glad this site will remain and it's not linked to AmD... One of the best forums - well done to the admin guys and of course one and all. (who is the original owner of the forum..?)

anyway - Now AmD are under new management, hopefully this will be a good thing to finally get back some of the original expertise. I used these guys in the past, but in the last year things have gone right down hill. I've found some of the original AmD guys who left and am now going to them.

Who are the original amd guy you are talking about and what do they trade under?

MRC and APS are the two newish garages I know of made up of ex-AMD people.

edward_harris said:
Who are the original amd guy you are talking about and what do they trade under?

I've switched to APS, Ed, Paul and Andy are here. have also spoken to a few cusomer, who have said that they also were ex AmD customers... I have only used them a few times, so far very helpful and currently cheaper, but I am sure as it business grows the prices will also.

http://www.autops.co.uk/html/workshop.html

MRC were are these guys based...? hopefully closer to me..?

Edward, like the wheels any bigger pics..?

unfortunately nathan is in the workshop at aps and I wouldn't trust him with my car at all. Ed is the soundest bloke you'll ever meet .

It will be MRC for me from now on !

MRC were are these guys based..?

Olly_K said:
unfortunately nathan is in the workshop at aps and I wouldn't trust him with my car at all. Ed is the soundest bloke you'll ever meet .

It will be MRC for me from now on !

MRC have a very good reputation already. Just a shame you're so far from Kickcaldy - What was it RS4Barry used to have in his sig? Wayward in Hayward, Fixed in Fife!

edward_harris said:
why do you say you wouldn't trust nathan?!

Lets just say when he was at AmD we didnt see eye to eye. What I meant was I dont trust him to cut my brake lines or something, I wasnt implying his wasnt a good mechanic (which I have heard he's pretty **** hot)

so whats gonna happen to amds customers that have got there car booked in with them, i was going to have a turbo done there but didnt because they were to expensive! good thing to, they wanted £2000 deposit!

scumbags (AMD that is) took a few hundred quid off me a few weeks back for some parts. Wrong parts as it turned out and now they dont answer their email or phone.
I read this and all is clear : (

I would speak to big boys toys and see what they have to say about it

icenutter said:
MRC and APS are the two newish garages I know of made up of ex-AMD people.

MRC - ex AmD??? LMAO.

I DONT THINK SO!

MRC have had and will continue to get my business and everytime I have been there I have had to drive past AmD anyway, so no change for me.

Olly_K said:
I would speak to big boys toys and see what they have to say about it

Will be doing so today. Thanks.
I have already enquired (not with BBT yet tho) and apparently they have not took up the old business, just a portion of it and possibly the online shop/website. No doubt I will find out later?

this will explain communication well lack of it latly... i was in the middle of sorting out my requirement of my car with them for some major work ££££££ so how can you contact these new peopl;e they seem ok from what you lot have said... can anyone reccomend anywhere else for work on my TT ????

just spoken to these new guy, apparently they aren't doing anything to do with tuning, meaning all they do now is brakes suspension etc, no engine tuning!

what ... strange they will lose lots of custom ... an poss profits....

yeah i no, i would like to know where adam / jo etc have all gone, has this been on the cards for a long time?

not sure ...but think they could of at least sent an email or somethink to customers especially if they dont plan on doing tuning ... thanks i have emails them with my very long shopping list lol thanks