Styleinnovations??

28v6

Is It just me or is it the "Meldrew" lurking with in...

Everytime I see one of this guys postings, it displays my server no, my user details, my system details etc... and I just wonder does anyone else get to see this or what? I mean what a useful **** this guy is if everyone else gets to see my system details, I mean whats the point of having Panda/Bullguard/Norton Etc for some kind sod to post the details at the bottom left of his messages... I make no apology if thats the case but will apologize if I can be guaranteed that he hasn't displayed my details to all in sundry...

Rant Over!:no: :gun2: :rulez:

strange? will have to investigate this one whats the username?

got you just found it .......whats the crack here with displaying all the info.......MODs can you answer

He uses "Danasoft.com" software Steve, Have a look in the "Pepsi or Cola" thread, he's responded there.

28v6 said:
He uses "Danasoft.com" software Steve, Have a look in the "Pepsi or Cola" thread, he's responded there.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?p=313028#post313028

And here too, I went to the danasoft.com website and it says you only see your details!

Does this mean I have no protection? I'm not IT at all and find it a little worrying if I can be hacked so easyily when I'm meant to be protected

There's nothing major to be worried about by this display. What you're seeing is information read from the HTTP request passed by your computer when you access a website.

I've created and maintain a website for my Dad's business, and I also trap this information into a database (it can help with development, when you see what operating systems and internet browsers people are using).

In any case, when I saw it, the display only shows the external IP address of my firewall I'm connected to, but none of my devices behind it. If you have a broadband connection, you should have a hardware-based firewall!

ROFL !
guys chill out, its just a script. It just detects what your running. It can;t actually see anything more than what it displays.

Most browsers send out info like what display res your running, OS version, etc etc

Nah! I'm sorry I don't buy that. If its there, why would you want it and not use it, and to publicly announce that you know Nah! mate I ain't to happy at this one who else has he told? etc, get where I'm coming from?

Please, don't be offended if I come over a little harsh I apologize if thats the case, but I'm a little unhappy at this, and would ask the MODs to have it removed or "Him" removed until its normalised i.e without that kinda "infringement" Imean he may be an alright chappy as are you but its kind like....being violated?? I think.

Debate on.....

Have to agree with Olly there! No one sees that information but you. Your system will have given that information to this website anyway.
Many of the people on other forums I frequent have them. Just a harmless widget!
:faint:

ive seen this on loads of forums, no 1 else can see the info, only your self

28v6 said:
Nah! I'm sorry I don't buy that. If its there, why would you want it and not use it, and to publicly announce that you know Nah! mate I ain't to happy at this one who else has he told? etc, get where I'm coming from?
That's just it - YOU have effectively told him what your IP address, operating system and your browser is. And you've done that simply by requesting a page from a webserver. Your computer transmits extra information in the HTTP request (called HTTP headers) and the webserver receives your request, compiles a webpage, and sends it back to you. There's no avoiding this, and there's no other information being sent (other than anything you type into a webpage, which is why, for example, when filling out payment details your server request is usually encrypted - HTTPS).

There's far worse things around the web to worry about!

28v6 said:

Please, don't be offended if I come over a little harsh I apologize if thats the case, but I'm a little unhappy at this, and would ask the MODs to have it removed or "Him" removed until its normalised i.e without that kinda "infringement" Imean he may be an alright chappy as are you but its kind like....being violated?? I think.

Debate on.....

This sort of software on forums has been around for ages, typical Geekware.

No need to get your knickers in a twist...

Yeah perfectly safe and nought to worry about

benw123 said:
That's just it - YOU have effectively told him what your IP address, operating system and your browser is. And you've done that simply by requesting a page from a webserver. Your computer transmits extra information in the HTTP request (called HTTP headers) and the webserver receives your request, compiles a webpage, and sends it back to you. There's no avoiding this, and there's no other information being sent (other than anything you type into a webpage, which is why, for example, when filling out payment details your server request is usually encrypted - HTTPS).

There's far worse things around the web to worry about!

your not telling him afaik, your telling yourself what your details are

For those of you who don't know what he's on about...
scaryinfo123456.jpg

BB is watching!

Ha ha! I'm more worried about people raiding my bin and stealing my ID from bank statements! Thank god for shredders! I store no REAL details about me on my PC, and lets face it, theres plugins for msn that allow you to read the IP of a contact, and as for what O/S or browser I use? Pah, who cares? I use XP and Firefox so what? Lol...

Cheers for clearing this up guys!
I was a little worried about it!

Thanks to the Guys for clearing this up sorry for upsetting / confusing a few people,
Its hamless, been using it for years all it is is a graphic file that displays your info to you only!
I cant see anything or collect anything, wouldnt know what to do with it if I did!
I can change it if its a problem Sorry!

Yeah a bit slow!
didnt notice it first time round, but it was mentioned this evening so thought i had better look it up!

Most people have no idea how much information they send about their system everytime they click on a link. We use it all the time for monitoring internet traffic on our sites.