New 'facelift' Mini

filipharvey

Amusing Tagline
Reaction score
Saw one a couple of weeks back. Like you say, they haven't changed much at all but there's just something not quite right. Don't like the rear lights compared to the previous ones but then again, I'm not keen on the car as a whole anyway!

Its cross eyed...!!!!!!

Edit: And definitely has a Pixar's Cars look about the front end.

I like it lol

But it just looks like the 'old' one, which i liked

I know a bloke who worked on the development of the previous one, he designed the toggle switches on the centre console. He had a load in his shed long before the mini was released.
Anyway, he has a Cooper S at the minute and wont have one of the new ones. I dont know whether he has any inside info but I do know he's not interested at all.

Whenever i drove a cooper S i felt like it was slow. Obviously its a fairly quick car but it just doesnt seem it, the standard cooper was more fun imo, dunno why they're still using a similarly low power output.

The new one is turbocharged isn't it, as opposed to supercharged?? Not sure what difference it would make other than introducing lag, even if its only a small amount.
The front end on the new one is all smiley and cute. Even if it wasn't cross eyed it just doesn't appeal to me.

I dont understand the logic of turbocharging it either, at least with a supercharger its on tap there n then.Especially keeping the intake on the front - just makes it all a bit pathetic. No doubt cost cutting as per usual.

Its a birds car and i could never own one, but i hope i can convince my gf to buy one lol.

awww... I think its cute... got Mickey Mouse feet as wing mirrors..

I don't like it, but I never liked the original one.

Ming Blue said:
awww... I think its cute... got Mickey Mouse feet as wing mirrors..
Haha,

So the thing is cross eyed, has Mickey's feet as ears and has Lightening McQueens mouth. What a combination.

rodenal said:
I dont understand the logic of turbocharging it either, at least with a supercharger its on tap there n then.Especially keeping the intake on the front - just makes it all a bit pathetic. No doubt cost cutting as per usual.

Its a birds car and i could never own one, but i hope i can convince my gf to buy one lol.

the turbocharger will help improve economy compared to the supercharger. I had an old cooper S and it did 26 mpg regardless of how I drove it. They are quoting 40mpg for the new cooper S which sounds unrealistic to me but prob 33-35 mpg is more likely. They are quick cars and very nippy, great handling. They run out of steam at about 80mpg tho. The cooper S works 210bhp was not much better in my opinion.

They dont want to change the look of the mini dramatically as then they would upset the successful formula. They have improved upon some of the Mk I's weak areas eg. engines (all new).

cooky