Thanks Wando, John or whatever u call urself & AMD

S3Bangs

Reaction score
Since I had my turbo replaced at the Audi stealers, I always felt all was not right…

2 Turbos later and my car being at the dealers for close to a month, I gave John a ring. He got me an appointment on Saturday just gone with AMD for a power run and the car to be checked over. Very professional and knowledgeable guys, found ripped pipe which the technician showed me, (which the dealers never picked up even though I'd complained in frustration to them that the car sounded quite funny)...Car is now sorted and I'm well happy.

Just to say once again, thanx John or Wando...and thank you AMD /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/kiss.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Cheers Tony, the man with 5 phones! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Good result Tony and another credit to AMD.

Wando, could this have been spotted using Vag-com or similar? ie, was it leaking boost pressure or something that a sensor could be monitoring?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I would really have liked to know whether VAG Com picked up anything...forgot to ask the Techie.. John can find out I guess.
I was really miffed as I got to AMD though cos as I was about 2miles away, the car started shakin revs as in up and way down on the rev counter at idle, ESP light came on and it just didnt feel right... I'd like to believe the problem I'd noticed earlier, got worse as I was close by to AmD.

I had said to the dealers I was getting a flat spot above 3000 revs in 6th...the turbo wouldnt work, and it just stuck there and all they kept saying was..its the chip, its the chip, give us £400 to revert it back to standard and all your problems will be solved...thank god companies like AmD exist eh...

By the way J, I'm down to one phone now and thanx again... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

It depends where the split is, you might get an error code come up as it detects overboost maybe

Tony a one phone man eh, she must be good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif