Driving with broken arm?

arthurfuxake

Controversial & Contradictive
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
Does anybody know what the LEGAL law is regarding driving with a plaster cast? I'm confident of my abilities to handle my car even in an emergency, but I'm keen to know what the law says about it. It's my left arm, and I have an automatic gearbox.:doctor:

you will have to contact your insurance to see if they will cover you

my dad broke his left ankle, had to drive, so phoned the insurance and they said it was ok - lucky enough for us our car was an automatic

so you might be lucky

Playing rugby on Saturday. Finally got around to A&E yesterday(5 hours).

Sorry to hear about your crash btw, how's the neck and body feeling today? I usually feel like I've been in a big crash for a few days after rugby.

Sorry to hear that mate, must be friggin awful to break your arm.

My neck and between my shoulders is a bit sore but i'll live!

feeling a whippo claim coming on A4?

Sorry to hear about the arm Aurthur, im sure they should be ok with it, esp as its an automatic. Good luck though

Booth_S3 said:
feeling a whippo claim coming on A4?

No, i can't be ***** with all that, unless it gets debilitating then i'll be fine.

arthurfuxake said:
Playing rugby on Saturday. Finally got around to A&E yesterday(5 hours).

:wtf:

****** hell, you did it on saturday and you only went to the hospital yesterday (wednesday)....man, if that was me i would have been stretchered off and taken to hospital by air ambulance!!!!!

i am such a whimp! :doctor:

what position and what level do you play at lad?

im back row for a semi pro team in northern ireland - i only play 2nd XV though :(

Nowhere near semi pro mate, we are more a drinking club than a rugby club:yes: . We have 3 teams and I play 1st team. I used to play seriously when I was younger in South Africa, but I'm 34 now and do it more for the social side. I'm a crash it up the middle 16 stone inside centre:scared2: - too old and too big to do the side-step malarky now.

haha i know your type!

im for south africa in the summer on tour with the U21's (even though im 22 ssshhh) - been before but cant wait to get back to cape town :D

Ah, got to love that! I remember coming over to England on tour when I was 16, I think it was the first time I'd ever played in the rain.

Just shows how different our leagues are, we're off to Amsterdam on our tour this year hahaha

speaking of rain, when we went to SA in 2002, we played at Kearsney College up in the mountains - i have never played in rain like it and im from Ireland!

you couldnt see the other end of the pitch due to fog - ill try find a pic of us after the game when im home at the weekend

think that winter was the first fall of snow in 50 years or something???

Is that down in the Cape? I'm from "up north", and we have very dry winters inland. The Cape has wet winters very much like UK, and with it being so mountainous and close to the sea, it gets foggy too. In summer we get thunder-showers late afternoon, but they only last for about an hour and then the sun is back out again, but it's serious rain for that hour, none of this drizzle stuff. The ground gets really hard in winter as there is no rain, and the grass goes dry and brown.

Being from Northern Ireland, who do you support in the 6 nations then, or is rugby not split into North/South like football?

the team is Ireland - no real politics in rugby like stupid football lol

but the parents are scottish so there are a few heated moments this time of the year lol

one of my best mates from school now plays for ireland so I'm not changing sides lol

kearsney is near Durban in KwaZulu Natal

Ah, ok, Durbs is also mountainous and by the sea, so wet winter there too, not as cold as CT though.

Did you play any teams from Johannesburg area?

BTW, I'm loving the style of rugby Ireland are playing at the moment, they have a very experienced team, they're peaking at exacly the right time for the wcup. I loved watching them stick it to Aus, made them look like school boys.

Just need to be careful not to fall into the same trap as england(and SA) by losing a host of experienced players to retirement at the same time and not having any replacements.

Aus and NZ seem to be really good at having players ready to take over from "old" players when they retire. SA have a big squad of inexperienced players, and I don't think they've clicked as a team, they just infuriate me.

unfortunately we didnt play anyone from joburg - it was mainly schools we played

Paul Roos
St.Charles
Kearsney
Wellington College
Durban High
and another lol

yeah the rugby ireland are playing is great - dont worry about experienced boys retiring - ireland have a huge youth set up going on at the minute and finally seeing sense in the last couple of years to introduce younger players like Bowe, Trimble (my old school mate), Ferris etcc (all ulster ;) )

Ulster rugby is getting to grips with it too - a lot of the squad is very young which again thank goodness they have seen sense and Ulster will be a force to reckon with within the next couple of seasons - my flat mate is in the Ulster Rugby Academy so watch out for him lol