My latest "Project"

Caesium

My BM is fixed!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I've been of work a bit recently and as I was in the vicinity of Maidstone Hobbycraft on Saturday I thought I'd have a browse, I found an Airfix kit I have been looking for (albeit not actively) for years.

Its the HMS HOOD, I'm sure some of you will have heard of it as it was the pride of the british navy in the early part of the 1900's and was sunk by the German Bismarck in May of 1941.

This holds special significance for me as one of the Officers on board the Hood at the time of her loss was my Great Uncle.

Here's a few pictures of my progress so far, its the first model I have built as an adult.

DSCF0258.jpg
DSCF0246.jpg
DSCF0247.jpg
DSCF0248.jpg

This might sound a silly request but did they have a model of HMS NELSON?

Both my granda's served on her during the war. The Nelson was involved in hunting the Bismark possible after the Hood was sunk.

Yeah they did! I saw it today when I went to get some more paint!

Do you know how much it was? Would you take a PayPal payment for it and for postage? and send me it?

I'll have a look next time i'm there for you, have you made any before, only reason I ask is that I have paid more than 1.5 times the cost of the kit on paints and brushes etc!

****** Quality!:applaus: A Modeller's section Ace!:yahoo: Never thought I'd see it in a Forum, wouldn't mind it being a "Sticky" though....:thumbsup:

I prefer Tamiya models for more Detail and Effect... I have an Old UR Quattro, made by Tamiya in the Michelle Mouton Colours, absolutely superb.. and once painted even better... passes the night away instead of being in front of the PC...

Keep 'em coming Guys... wanna see more!:rock: :applaus:

Made a ferrari f1 car about 6-7 months ago but it resembled a melted jobby when it was finished LOL