EM TuningJMB Retrofits
    Beer God

Status

Headlight Question.

I guess I should post this in the VW section but I doubt many people read it so apologies in advance of off topic posting...

I need to remove the headlights in my car (mk5 Golf GTI) and replace them with the European versions, talking to a mate down the pub he said it needed a special 'VW Only' tool to remove these but Im not so sure, when I had to do this to previous A3's no such thing was needed. Anyone know? Thanks!
    Volvo V50 D5 R-Design

2. # ADS
    ADS

Masa'warty 3200... Talk To Me!

Status
    It is prob just secuirty "bits" it will need much like torque bits. You can buy security bits in most places along the lines of Halfords, Homebase and what not. The Mk4 was a bumper off job to change headlights the MK5 might be the same.

Beer God

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerzo
    It is prob just secuirty "bits" it will need much like torque bits. You can buy security bits in most places along the lines of Halfords, Homebase and what not. The Mk4 was a bumper off job to change headlights the MK5 might be the same.
    Yeah, problem sorted, wasnt that difficult, as you said mostly torx screws and bumper off.

Wish VAG group would go the same route as BMW with regards to having Fog and Reverse lights line both rear clusters...
    Volvo V50 D5 R-Design